- Table View
- List View
The US healthcare system faces numerous difficulties: uncontrolled increases in costs; major access problems; doctor shortages; closing practices; inefficiencies; decreasing revenues; shrinking bottom lines; large numbers of uninsured and underinsured patients; and the upcoming increased demands in service posed by the Affordable Care Act. As a result, many physicians and health care organications are turning to group visits to address these problems. While Dr. Noffsinger's textbook Running Group Visits In Your Practice is the cornerstone reference on designing, implementing and running shared medical appointments (SMAs) in one's practice, it lacks the simplicity and practicality that clinicians are looking for to start their own SMA programs. The ABCs of Group Visits is a practical, streamlined and step-by-step guide focused on the implementation aspects of group visits.Healthcare professionals at every level are looking for alternate ways to deliver high quality care at lower cost, and it is clear to many that group visits provide a care delivery model that will address many of today's critical challenges. The ABCs of Group Visits quickly provides a solution for your busy practice.
The comprehensive text is designed to be the definitive work on group visits. This book provides the reader with an authoritative reference for today's major group visit models (SMA's, DIGMAs, and CHCC): what they are; their strengths and weaknesses; and how they can best be used together and in combination with traditional individual office visits.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.