- Table View
- List View
This textbook is the first to incorporate neuroscience seamlessly into the study of cognitive psychology. The study of cognition has progressed enormously over the past decade, but no currently available book summarizes and makes accessible the key findings and theories. This book takes a fresh look at the field, and presents it as it actually is today. By integrating findings about the brain into the usual fare for this topic, it provides the foundation for readers to study current research in the field. How the Brain Gives Rise to the Mind; Perception; Attention; Representation and Knowledge in Long-Term Memory; Encoding and Retrieval from Long-Term Memory; Working Memory; Executive Processes; Emotion and Cognition; Decision Making; Problem Solving and Reasoning; Planning and Motor Cognition; and Language. For those practicing in the field of cognitive psychology.
The first three volumes of a four-volume introduction to contemporary cognitive science. The volumes are self-contained, and can be used individually in a variety of advanced undergraduate and graduate courses.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.