- Table View
- List View
In 1836 a band of Comanche rode into Fort Parker, Texas, and kidnapped Margery Mackinnon, leaving her five big brothers orphaned. Like pollen borne by the wind, the brothers scattered to Nantucket, California, and Scotland while their sister wandered the plains, a captive traded from tribe to tribe. Now, in ANGEL IN MARBLE, we pick up the story of one of the Mackinnon brothers, Nick. With his silver tongue and the devil's own blue eyes, he has come to this Gulf town in Texas to build a ship. And he encounters his destiny in the feisty, hurt Tibbie Buchanan. For five years she's lived in a self-imposed prison, hiding from the past that betrayed her. She will yield to no man, yet day by day, Nick chips away at her defenses, at the wall of ice around her heart, determined to make the woman he loves trust him forever more.
One of the top names in historical romance pens her first novel for Mira. In her sweeping romance set in 1785 Scotland, a young English woman and a Scot agree to get married for convenience sake, never bargaining on love entering the picture.
With her sword for protection, Lady Kenna Lennox of Scotland defies social convention and reopens her family's ancient distillery. This feat of wit and daring captures the attention of the sadistic Lord Walter-the Englishman who nearly destroyed her beloved older sister, a man who is determined to bring Lady Lennox to heel.When Colin Montgomery, an American privateer, appears on the scene Kenna is instantly wary, yet highly attracted to this man among men. Filled with fear that she will be betrayed by her longing heart, Kenna struggles between the love she feels, the independence she craves and the danger she must face alone.As vengeful, vicious plots unfold around her, Kenna must take up her sword to face her enemy, and fight for her life and her newfound love.
Master storyteller Elaine Coffman spins a wondrous tale of an unforgettable Texas heroine. Katherine Simon has never stopped loving her childhood sweetheart, not even after he comes home from war determined to marry another woman-her pretty, pampered sister, Karin. But all will change with the cry of "Gold!" from California-a call for a reckless young man to make fortune and for an irrepressible woman to make a daring journey of the heart.
When Tavish Graham stumbles upon the naked body of Sophie d'Alembert, he thinks she is dead. But it doesn't take him long to discover that Sophie is very much alive and more woman than he can handle, so he leaves her with his brother, James, the Earl of Monleigh.Beautiful, young and French, Sophie finds herself in the wild, strange land of the Scots. Terrified and not willing to trust James, she fails to tell him that she is the granddaughter of Louis XIV-and that she is fleeing a forced marriage to the hated English Duke of Rockingham.Reluctantly, Sophie begins to fall in love with the rugged Highlander. And before she can reveal the truth of her past, James discovers her royal connection, and wonders what else she is keeping from him. Can James resist her, or will he defy the might of England and France for a lover as wild and passionate as himself?
Claire Lennox, Countess of Errick and Mains, is a powerful woman in a man's world. Her slender beauty belies the strong shoulders upon which she carries much responsibility, guarding her clan against greed, betrayal and treachery. Confident and courageous, she refuses to marry-ever again. Eight years ago, when she was an impulsive young girl, she lost her heart and her husband to foolish pride. Now, as desperate rivals plot to seize her title and lands, one man is willing to risk everything to save her.Fraser Graham tells himself there is nothing left between him and Claire but memories. Yet his heart dictates otherwise when ruthless enemies kidnap the woman who was once his innocent bride. After his daring rescue sends them running for their lives through the wild, windswept hills, he and Claire surrender to remembered passion...but pride and past hurts silence sweet words of love and forgiveness. As the noose of treachery tightens and a deadly plot unfolds to destroy everything Claire has sworn to protect, Fraser must decide if he will pledge his sword, his strength and his heart to the one woman he has always loved-or resign himself to losing her forever.
New Scottish time travel romance written in response to reader demand by award winning and New York Times bestselling author Elaine Coffman (5 million books sold). When Isobella Douglas is pulled back in time by the ghost of her infamous ancestor The Black Douglas, she encounters a Highland laird who's completely captivated by the modern lass...
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.