- Table View
- List View
This is a novelization of the fairy tale Cinderella which goes into great detail of her mistreatment by her stepmother and stepsisters, the cowardice of her father, Cinderella's kindness to an old woman who turns out to be her fairy godmother, details of the ball, and Cinderella's rewards for staying good-natured for so long under adversity.
In The Little Bookroom, Eleanor Farjeon mischievously tilts our workaday world to reveal its wonders and follies. Her selection of her favorite stories describes powerful--and sometimes exceedingly silly--monarchs, and commoners who are every bit their match; musicians and dancers who live for aft rather than earthly reward; and a goldfish who wishes to "marry the Moon, surpass the Sun, and possess the World."
Some of the stories included in this collection: Old Surly and the boy, The king and the corn, The king's daughter, cries for the moon, Young Kate, The clumber pup, The miracle of the poor island, The girl who kissed the peach-tree, The giant and the mite, The little dressmaker, The The Connemara donkey, The glass peacock, The Kind Farmer.
This charming story is a variation of Rumpelstiltskin. Can Poll save her sister Doll and the newborn baby from the Spindle Imp? And is the Silver Curlew really the Lady in the Moon?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.