After many years and many lifetimes of silence, Chris Costner Sizemore has decided to tell the full story of her most extraordinary past. ... She was "Eve" of The Three Faces of Eve . . . the woman whose classic case of multiple personality--described in books, articles, and movies -- captured the world's imagination. But she has never before revealed in print the complete, unvarnished truth about her own life, as she lived it. . . . Included here are many crucial but hitherto unknown details of her childhood and two marriages as well as the startling fact that "Eve" was not then cured of her illness, as previous versions of her case have reported. Her personality continued to fragment until three years ago, producing in all more than twenty separate "beings" -- "strangers" in her body. . . Here you will learn what it was like to endure the trauma of split-second changes in personality, often in mid sentence; to answer for actions that one has no memory of committing; to struggle constantly for psychic survival against forces that one hardly dares to admit are real. And you will also learn what it was like to conquer such an illness-- for in recent years Chris Sizemore has broken through her terror and loneliness to seek the truly integrated self she had always been denied.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.