- Table View
- List View
Chicken Soup for the Mother of Preschooler's Soul: Stories to Refresh and Rekindle the Spirit of Moms of Little Onesby Carol Mcadoo Rehme Mark Victor Hansen Elisa Morgan Maria Nickless Jack Canfield
What Any Mother of a Preschooler Needs (Besides a Week at a Spa!) Does your car CD collection range from The Best of Rock-n-Roll Classics to The Best of Barney? Does your idea of a good dinner out mean crayons and paper placemats for all? Can hearing the words, "I love you, Mommy" make your whole day? Then chances are good that you are not only a mother of a preschooler (or soon-to-be one), but that you are in need of some laughter, inspiration and camaraderie from other women who've been there. Let's face it: Our little bundles of joy and boundless energy don't come with instructions, and every mom undoubtedly thinks at one time or another: "Am I doing this right?!" In this uplifting collection, you'll find true stories about the day-to-day minutiae and miracles of being the mom to a preschooler: from finding peace and purpose in what can seem (and look!) like chaos; from solving sibling rivalry to celebrating sibling revelry; from the sorrow of letting go to enjoying some personal independence as your "big kid" goes off to school. Included are stories from well-known MOPS speakers, Lisa Moffitt and Rochelle Nelson. In just a few minutes of alone time these stories will give mothers of preschoolers a place to release the stresses of their day, connect with other moms who they can relate to and evoke much-needed laughter. Like only Chicken Soup can, these stories will rekindle your sense of self and spirit, and remind you how to enjoy this precious period of time in your life.
On the occasion of its 10-year anniversary, this revised and updated version of What Every Mom Needs takes a look at what moms need, or want, for themselves during the busy years of mothering young children. Morgan (President of MOPS International) and Kuykendall (Director of Strategic Projects at MOPS International) are candid and articulate as they explore how meeting her personal needs of Identity, Growth, Relationship, Help, Perspective, and Hope enables a woman to be a better mom.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.