- Table View
- List View
From the author of The G-Free Diet and the co-host of ABC's The View comes a vital book about scrumptiously satisfying gluten-free food--with easy-to-follow recipes, healthy tips, and full-color photographs throughout.Growing up in a family where everyone came together at the dinner table, Elizabeth Hasselbeck savored the signature meatball, lasagna, and ziti dishes of her grandmother and great-grandmother, and the pierogies of her father's heritage. But a decade ago, the Emmy Award-winning co-host of The View, New York Times bestselling author, and mother of three was diagnosed with celiac disease, and the family recipes she grew up suddenly became strictly off-limits. Or so she thought. Getting rid of gluten, however, doesn't have to mean giving up taste. Deliciously G-Free combines Hasselbeck's knowledge for healthy living and passion for tasty food to bring you 100 delectable, easy-to-make, and family-friendly gluten-free recipes. By adding a variety of other ingredients to the fridge and pantry, she's perfected scrumptious zero-gluten versions of old standards and new creations that would make her relatives proud, including * Breakfasts to Remember: Egg Sandwiches, Coconut Raspberry Muffins, French Toast with Caramel Rum Banana, Biscuits, Frittata* All-Star Appetizers: Pork Pot Stickers, Stuffed Mushrooms, Smoked Salmon on Corn Fritters, Crab Cakes with Homemade Tartar Sauce, and Hot Artichoke Dip* Mouth-Watering Main Meals: Chicken Enchiladas, Quinoa Cornbread, Mac and Cheese, Lasagna, Pad Thai, Chimichurri Flank Steak, and Buttermilk Chicken* Deliciously Irresistible Desserts: Chocolista Chocolate Cupcakes, Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Tiramisu, Birthday Cakes, and Double Chocolate Brownies Loaded with gorgeous color photos, Deliciously G-Free also satisfies your taste buds with ideas for gourmet entertaining, kid-friendly concoctions, cool-weather comfort foods, and "Get Fit" G-Free recipes. Plus, Hasselbeck opens up about her own gluten-free journey--from getting diagnosed to getting her family on board--and shares tips for how to stock your kitchen, prevent cross-contamination, and whip up G-Free flour mixes that literally take the cake. Looking great and feeling good from the inside-out is just one Deliciously G-Free meal away!From the Hardcover edition.
For years, Elisabeth Hasselbeck couldn't figure out what was making her sick. She asked doctors and consulted nutritionists, but no one seemed to have any answers. It wasn't until spending time in the Australian Outback, living off the land on the grueling Survivor TV show, that, ironically, her symptoms vanished. Returning home, she pinpointed the food that made her sick -- gluten, the binding element in wheat. By simply eliminating it from her diet, she was able to enjoy a completely normal, healthy life. But that wasn't all. Hasselbeck discovered the myriad benefits that anyone can enjoy from a gluten-free diet: from weight loss and increased energy to even the alleviation of the conditions of autism. In this all-inclusive book, Hasselbeck shares her hard-earned wisdom on living life without gluten and loving it. She gives you everything you need to know to start living a gluten-free life, from defining gluten - where to find it, how to read food labels - to targeting gluten-free products, creating G-Free shopping lists, sharing recipes, and managing G-Free living with family and friends.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.