- Table View
- List View
From the author of The G-Free Diet and the co-host of ABC's The View comes a vital book about scrumptiously satisfying gluten-free food--with easy-to-follow recipes, healthy tips, and full-color photographs throughout.Growing up in a family where everyone came together at the dinner table, Elizabeth Hasselbeck savored the signature meatball, lasagna, and ziti dishes of her grandmother and great-grandmother, and the pierogies of her father's heritage. But a decade ago, the Emmy Award-winning co-host of The View, New York Times bestselling author, and mother of three was diagnosed with celiac disease, and the family recipes she grew up suddenly became strictly off-limits. Or so she thought. Getting rid of gluten, however, doesn't have to mean giving up taste. Deliciously G-Free combines Hasselbeck's knowledge for healthy living and passion for tasty food to bring you 100 delectable, easy-to-make, and family-friendly gluten-free recipes. By adding a variety of other ingredients to the fridge and pantry, she's perfected scrumptious zero-gluten versions of old standards and new creations that would make her relatives proud, including * Breakfasts to Remember: Egg Sandwiches, Coconut Raspberry Muffins, French Toast with Caramel Rum Banana, Biscuits, Frittata* All-Star Appetizers: Pork Pot Stickers, Stuffed Mushrooms, Smoked Salmon on Corn Fritters, Crab Cakes with Homemade Tartar Sauce, and Hot Artichoke Dip* Mouth-Watering Main Meals: Chicken Enchiladas, Quinoa Cornbread, Mac and Cheese, Lasagna, Pad Thai, Chimichurri Flank Steak, and Buttermilk Chicken* Deliciously Irresistible Desserts: Chocolista Chocolate Cupcakes, Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Tiramisu, Birthday Cakes, and Double Chocolate Brownies Loaded with gorgeous color photos, Deliciously G-Free also satisfies your taste buds with ideas for gourmet entertaining, kid-friendly concoctions, cool-weather comfort foods, and "Get Fit" G-Free recipes. Plus, Hasselbeck opens up about her own gluten-free journey--from getting diagnosed to getting her family on board--and shares tips for how to stock your kitchen, prevent cross-contamination, and whip up G-Free flour mixes that literally take the cake. Looking great and feeling good from the inside-out is just one Deliciously G-Free meal away!From the Hardcover edition.
For years, Elisabeth Hasselbeck couldn't figure out what was making her sick. She asked doctors and consulted nutritionists, but no one seemed to have any answers. It wasn't until spending time in the Australian Outback, living off the land on the grueling Survivor TV show, that, ironically, her symptoms vanished. Returning home, she pinpointed the food that made her sick -- gluten, the binding element in wheat. By simply eliminating it from her diet, she was able to enjoy a completely normal, healthy life. But that wasn't all. Hasselbeck discovered the myriad benefits that anyone can enjoy from a gluten-free diet: from weight loss and increased energy to even the alleviation of the conditions of autism. In this all-inclusive book, Hasselbeck shares her hard-earned wisdom on living life without gluten and loving it. She gives you everything you need to know to start living a gluten-free life, from defining gluten - where to find it, how to read food labels - to targeting gluten-free products, creating G-Free shopping lists, sharing recipes, and managing G-Free living with family and friends.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.