- Table View
- List View
"Run, Dick, run!" Now you may be the one who wants to run--but as a parent, it's often from invasive strangers, inconsiderate parents, and well-meaning but overbearing grandparents.See Dick Bite Jane is a primer for handling every parenting pitfall--featuring true tales of "Uh-ohs!" and "Oh, nos!" from moms and dads just like you. Etiquette expert Elise Mac Adam doles out helpful, straightforward advice designed to put bullies in their place--whether those bullies are sandbox strong-arms, nasty neighbors, or your own little angel-turned-devil.A scraped knee? How simple that can be! With the help of Mac Adam (Dick and Jane, too!), you can keep the busybodies and n'er-do-wells at bay with the same confidence--it's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
WEDDING MANNERS FOR MODERN TIMES FROM THE ETIQUETTE EXPERT FOR THE POPULAR WEDDING WEBSITE INDIEBRIDE. In Something New, etiquette columnist Elise Mac Adam tackles every wedding question, from the frivolous to the frightful, demonstrating how etiquette is designed to make people feel comfortable and offering a road map for how to behave in any sticky situation...even how to deal with people who, themselves, could use a little remedial etiquette assistance. Mac Adam offers easy cheat sheets for the rules of traditional comportment, elaborates on ways to manipulate or jettison traditions to suit your modern life, and -- using real-life case studies -- shows etiquette at work in practically every nuptial-related circumstance, including: What do you do if your best man is dog phobic and the ring bearer is your bride's Alaskan malamute? HOW MANY BRIDAL SHOWERS IS TOO MANY? HOW DO YOU COMPOSE AN INVITATION THAT MENTIONS ALL OF YOUR PARENTS AND STEPPARENTS? CAN YOU DECLINE THE HONOR OF BEING A BRIDESMAID AND PRESERVE YOUR FRIENDSHIP? CAN YOU REGISTER FOR PRESENTS IF YOU ELOPE? WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE REHEARSAL DINNER GUEST LIST? WHAT IS THE PROTOCOL WHEN ONE FAMILY DRINKS (A LOT) AND THE OTHER DOESN'T (AT ALL)? CAN YOU HAVE A CHILD-FREE WEDDING? WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOUR HOSTS FORGET TO INVITE YOUR WIFE? DO YOU HAVE TO INVITE YOUR BOSS? Exploring the nuptial maze from every angle, Something New demonstrates how everyone involved with a wedding (and even people who are left out) can use etiquette to suit his or her needs -- for better, never for worse.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.