- Table View
- List View
WEDDING MANNERS FOR MODERN TIMES FROM THE ETIQUETTE EXPERT FOR THE POPULAR WEDDING WEBSITE INDIEBRIDE. In Something New, etiquette columnist Elise Mac Adam tackles every wedding question, from the frivolous to the frightful, demonstrating how etiquette is designed to make people feel comfortable and offering a road map for how to behave in any sticky situation...even how to deal with people who, themselves, could use a little remedial etiquette assistance. Mac Adam offers easy cheat sheets for the rules of traditional comportment, elaborates on ways to manipulate or jettison traditions to suit your modern life, and -- using real-life case studies -- shows etiquette at work in practically every nuptial-related circumstance, including: What do you do if your best man is dog phobic and the ring bearer is your bride's Alaskan malamute? HOW MANY BRIDAL SHOWERS IS TOO MANY? HOW DO YOU COMPOSE AN INVITATION THAT MENTIONS ALL OF YOUR PARENTS AND STEPPARENTS? CAN YOU DECLINE THE HONOR OF BEING A BRIDESMAID AND PRESERVE YOUR FRIENDSHIP? CAN YOU REGISTER FOR PRESENTS IF YOU ELOPE? WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE REHEARSAL DINNER GUEST LIST? WHAT IS THE PROTOCOL WHEN ONE FAMILY DRINKS (A LOT) AND THE OTHER DOESN'T (AT ALL)? CAN YOU HAVE A CHILD-FREE WEDDING? WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOUR HOSTS FORGET TO INVITE YOUR WIFE? DO YOU HAVE TO INVITE YOUR BOSS? Exploring the nuptial maze from every angle, Something New demonstrates how everyone involved with a wedding (and even people who are left out) can use etiquette to suit his or her needs -- for better, never for worse.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.