- Table View
- List View
Cindi's never been so scared. After her broken leg heals Cindi's confidence is still shaky. The fear she feels every time she tries to do gymnastics is even more scary than breaking her leg. She's afraid she'll never be able to perform the way she used to. Does it mean Cindi doesn't have what it takes to be a gymnast?
Four girls join a new gymnastics club. The coach said they'd be in a real meet right away, even though they were only beginners. Now they have to learn how to be a team.
Something's got to be done to save the Pinecones, and Darlene has to do it! Darlene can't believe what's happened to the team. They're missing practices, slacking off at meets, and sniping at each other. They just don't seem like the same Pinecones anymore. Where's their winning spirit? Something's got to be done to save the team-and fast. Now that Darlene's the captain, she's determined to find a way-but how?
Lauren's life is topsy-turvy. She won't admit she's got a crush on Patrick, her coach. Lately, though, the whole family has been busy with her mom's campaign for city council. Mom and Dad hardly seem to have time for anything else - they're even hinting that Lauren's too busy for gymnastics. It's just not fair! Will Lauren's parents make her give up gymnastics-and Patrick?
It's the Pinecones very first meet and they're competing against the Atomic Amazons. It's a real challenge! Cindi will have to perform on the uneven bars in her own style. Cindi wonders if she can meet the challenge, for herself and for the team.
(Back Cover) The first meet's going to be exciting... but it isn't going to be easy. It's the Pinecones very first meet - and they're competing against the Atomic Amazons. That team is tough! It's a real challenge for all the gymnasts, especially Cindi. She'll have to perform a very difficult move on the uneven bars - the Eagle. It's not enough to do it right - she'll have to do it with a style all her own. Cindi wonders if she can meet the challenge, for herself and for the team.
Robert and Sam think their new weird neighbor might be Frankenstein.
The Pinecones aren't just a team; they're close friends. Cindi has to leave gymnastics--she won't be part of the team anymore. She'd give anything to stay, and her teammates have decided to help her. She is glad - but how much?
This children's book takes you behind the locked doors of Philadelphia's State House during the history-making summer of 1787. You will meet the key delegates and find out what's going on.
The Pinecones have made it to the state championships! It looks like Darlene doesn't fit, because they treat her as if she's not good enough for them. Cindi knows what's going on but should she keep quiet until the big meet is over?
This time Jodi's in real trouble. Jodi has the chance to star in an important gymnastics demonstration. But if her schoolwork doesn't improve, she won't be allowed to perform. It seems so unfair! Jodi knows she's a good gymnast, but when it comes to school. . . she just feels dumb. She just can't do it! Can the rest of the team convince her not to give up?
Killer Dancer The day ballroom dancing invades William T. Harris Middle School comes with no warning. And once the cute dance teacher, Mr. DePalma, sweeps into Rebecca's life, dancing suddenly becomes very important to her. No one can seem to forget the infamous incident that earned Rebecca the title "Killer Dancer," the day she broke her friend Scott's toe in sixth grade. Now, in seventh grade, the class can't believe it when Mr. DePalma actually pairs Rebecca and Scott up again as dance partners. To everyone's surprise, they're good. Very good! Rebecca's friend Samantha tells her that they have to start playing real kissing games like Seven Minutes in Heaven. Trouble begins when the kissing games start. Friendships are tested. And choices have to be made. Filled with humor and heart, this is an engaging story about the power of friendship and the magic of dancing.
It's a nasty trick. Some things never change. Becky still loves to see the Pinecones lose. That's been happening a lot since Ti An joined the team. The former Atomic Amazon is a good gymnast, but she always messes up at meets. What's really strange, though, is that one of the girls on the Atomic Amazon team always does exactly the same vault as Lauren. It's got to be more than a coincidence. Lauren thinks there's a spy in the gym.
Halloween will be a real treat... unless Jodi loses her temper. The Pinecones are having a Halloween party and Jodi's been put in charge. She wants it to be the best party ever, but that famous temper of hers keeps getting in the way. Becky, the wicked witch of the gym, makes a bet that Jodi can't handle the job. If Jodi loses her temper one more time, Becky will win the bet, and the party will be ruined. Can the team help Jodi learn to keep cool before Becky tricks her into blowing her top?
Darlene has to prove she's a winner, since her father is a famous person, a football player for the Denver Broncos.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.