- Table View
- List View
Adorn Yourself.... The beautiful and delicate projects in Adornments are the perfect finishing touches for creating a purely romantic look. Make floral-inspired necklaces, in-full-bloom fascinators, and earrings with wispy feathers and sparkling beads. At parties, galas, special events, or even on your wedding day, the accessories in Adornments are artful creations that are sure to turn heads and inspire romance. Flip through the pages and you'll find... 20 accessory projects, from floral fascinators and hair pieces to necklaces, earrings and belts A techniques section that shows you how to use a millinery iron, cut lace appliques and work with wire and beads to create stunning pieces that would rival the wares of any high-end boutique Materials you'll love to work with: silk, linen and cotton fabrics, antique lace, delicate crystal beads and playful feathers Using simple hand-sewing, jewelry and millinery techniques, these accessories are easy to make and even easier to wear. In fact, you may not be able to take them off!
Infuse your images with glowing, luminous light, From high-profile wedding and portrait photographer Elizabeth Messina comes this beautiful guide to shooting lush, romantic portraits exclusively in natural light. Whether you're photographing children, weddings, maternity and boudoir, or portraits of any kind, The Luminous Portrait will inspire you with Elizabeth's personal approach and award-wining images, sharing the art to making flattering portraits that appear "lit from within."
As a healthy, happy thirty-nine-year-old mother with no family history of breast cancer, being diagnosed with the disease rocked Hollye Jacobs's world. Having worked as a nurse, social worker, and child development specialist for fifteen years, she suddenly found herself in the position of moving into the hospital bed. She was trained as a clinician to heal. In her role as patient, the healing process became personal. Exquisitely illustrated with full-color photographs by Hollye's close friend, award-winning photographer Elizabeth Messina, The Silver Lining is both Hollye's memoir and a practical, supportive resource for anyone whose life has been touched by breast cancer. In the first section of each chapter, she describes with humor and wisdom her personal experience and gives details about her diagnosis, treatment, side effects, and recovery. The second section of each chapter is told from Hollye's point of view as a medical expert. In addition to providing a glossary of important terms and resources, she addresses the physical and emotional aspects of treatment, highlights what patients can expect, and provides action steps, including: What to do when facing a diagnosisHow to find the best and most supportive medical teamWhat questions to askWhat to expect at medical testsHow to talk with and support childrenHow to relieve or avoid side effectsHow to be a supportive friend or family memberHow to find Silver Linings Looking for and finding Silver Linings buoyed Hollye from the time of her diagnosis throughout her double mastectomy, chemotherapy, radiation, and recovery. They gave her the balance and perspective to get her through the worst days, and they compose the soul of the book. The Silver Lining of Hollye's illness is that she can now use the knowledge gleaned from her experience to try to make it better for those who have to follow her down this difficult path. This is why she is sharing her story. Hollye is the experienced girlfriend who wants to help shed some light in the darkness, provide guidance through the confusion, and hold your hand every step of the way. At once comforting and instructive, realistic and inspiring, The Silver Lining is a visually beautiful, poignant must-read for everyone who has been touched by cancer.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.