- Table View
- List View
They say that "There are no good men out there," but they're wrong. Men are everywhere-and author Elizabeth Shimer Bowers shows how you can find them in the unlikeliest ways: #210: Tour a brewery #946: Learn to sail #507, 30, or 31: Join a club like Mensa, Tall Club, or Toastmasters #470: Volunteer at an animal rescue #778: Become a tour guide at a local attraction #505: Attend a scotch-tasting night #768: Tag along to a friend's company picnic #398: Visit Pedro's South of the Border; Plus 991 other ways and places to find your Mr. Right! Not only will you learn the pros and cons of meeting men in the various venues, you can also use the handy rating scale to find out how much time each activity takes, whether you should bring a girlfriend along, and how much money (if any) you have to invest. You don't have to look very far to meet the man of your dreams. Your future plus-one could be as close as a few seats away on the subway, a few paces behind you in line at the movies, or right outside your own front door. So grab this book and go!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.