- Table View
- List View
Meet Alexander Graham Bell -- pioneering educator and inventor of the telephone. The story of Bell's world-changing invention and his struggle to perfect it is told in level-appropriate language.
A great gardening book for kids! Don't throw out those carrot tops and apple cores--grow them instead! Bring your avocado pit and garlic bulbs back to life by growing them again. Turn a snap pea into a vine, an orange into a tree and much more! You can create a garden from last night's dinner, make easy recipes, and decorate your own colorful pots and planters. YOU CAN MAKE milk-carton planters pressed flowers dish gardens desserts and treats seed jewelry painted flowerpots Illustrated step-by-step instructions make it easy
Meet Harry Houdini - the most famous magician of all time. Harry performed many daring and astounding tricks still talked about today, including dangerous underwater escapes. Harry started his life in poverty but as a child got his own trapeze and performed for the neighborhood kids, calling himself "Prince of the Air." He went on to become one of the most famous people in the world, performing in front of huge crowds and making six movies.
Did you know koalas have pouches that point downward, or that they only feast on eucalyptus leaves, or that they smell like cough drops? Read this book to learn a lot about these interesting creatures.
Meet Lucy Maud Montgomery -- world-famous author. The story of her dedication to her craft and the creation of Anne of Green Gables, her best-loved novel, is told in level-appropriate language.
Meet Marie Curie -- Nobel laureate and world famous scientist. Marie was the first woman to win the world's top science prize -- and the first person to win it twice.
Meet Samuel de Champlain, explorer. The story of his exploration of the unknown lands of New France and his many adventures there is told in level-appropriate language.
Meet Thomas Edison - world-famous inventor. The story of his many inventions, including the phonograph and the light bulb, is told in level-appropriate language.
Did you know that cats can smell over 200 million different scents? Or that you can communicate with your cat just by blinking?
Like Why Do Dogs Have Wet Noses and Why Do Cats Have Whiskers?, the question-and-answer format makes this book perfect both for browsing and for school-project research.
Meet the Wright Brothers -- inventors of the airplane. The story of how they created one of the most influential machines in history is told in level-appropriate language.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.