- Table View
- List View
Ease little ones into the get-ready-for-bed routine with this warm and cozy bedtime book. Aided by Mom and Dad, a sister and brother enjoy a little snack, relaxing baths, time for brushing teeth, stories, lullabies, back rubs, and hugs. Cheerful, soft illustrations and reassuring text set a tone that helps toddlers feel good about settling down to sleep. (As the narrator explains, "I do my best growing when I'm sleeping. ") In the morning, the children will yawn, stretch, and be a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, and a little bit smarter--all because of a good night's sleep. Picture descriptions present on picture only pages.
From the book: If you're sick of being picked on, pushed around, threatened, or teased, this book is for you. Author Trevor Romain understands what a pain bullies are. And he knows how you can become Bully-Proof. As you laugh along with Trevor's jokes and cartoons, you'll learn tried-and-true ways to deal with bullies, like: Give them lots of space. If you can smell a bully's breath, you're too close Make friends. Bullies can't stand groups of happy, smiling, friendly people You'll also learn important truths about bullies, like: They love power and control. They are sore losers. Ignoring them won't make them go away. So read this book if you want to get rid of the bullies in your life. (P.S. If you're a bully, this book is for you, too.)
Every parent, caregiver--and toddler--knows the misery that comes with meltdowns and temper tantrums. Through rhythmic text and warm illustrations, this gentle, reassuring book offers toddlers simple tools to release strong feelings, express them, and calm themselves down. Children learn to use their calm-down place--a quiet space where they can cry, ask for a hug, sing to themselves, be rocked in a grown-up's arms, talk about feelings, and breathe: "One, two, three . . . I'm calm as can be. I'm taking care of me. " After a break, toddlers will feel like new--and adults will, too. Picture descriptions are added.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.