- Table View
- List View
Dealing with unexpected twists isn't new for Hailey Maddox. Despite everything, she's managed to create the perfect life for her daughter. Oh, except for one tiny thing. A ghost from the past in the form of JT McNulty, her first love. When he arrives to attend his mother's funeral, Hailey's not surprised-she's terrified. After fifteen years of avoiding the truth, she's got no choice but to come clean-to her daughter and to him. And Hailey still has feelings for this man who's literally too good to be true. Will JT ever forgive her for what she's done? Will she ever convince him she'd never hurt him? Well, not again, anyway.
Bryan James knows everything about hockey. That's a passion he and his daughter Allie share. What he doesn't know is how to be a single father. And the way he's scrambling to hold his thirteen-year-old's world-and his- together kind of proves that. So does the fact they're in community mediation after Allie's run-in with another player on her own team! There's probably some valuable learning in this for Bryan, but he's too distracted by the other player's parent Clare Sampson. She's smart and beautiful... and outraged at what's happened. Worse, she wants nothing to do with his beloved sport, his amazing daughter... or him! Luckily he's been in this game long enough to know there's always another play to get you what you want.
Money, women and fame aren't everything they're cracked up to be. Former rock star Mason Star should know. He had it all and lost it. Now, years later, he's about to lose even more: his son and Mulligan's, the community center he's poured his heart into. Returning to the public eye is the last thing Mason wants to do--but Anna Walsh's documentary is the only chance he has to save Mulligan's. Besides, Anna won't take no for an answer. . . and the beautiful, complicated woman has proved to be very persuasive. Especially on the dance floor. . . But what Anna wants may be more than he can give.
Deacon Fallon has made something of himself. Yeah, it wasn't easy becoming a successful-now retired-pro basketball player, but he did it. In the process, he made his brother's life better. That's always been Deacon's goal.This latest effort to help, however, may push Deacon too far. He's been roped into coaching the high school girls' team! Worse, there's a little offside action brewing between him and his hot assistant coach, Julia Bradley. Definitely not in his plans, but he can't resist her. And for the first time, Deacon wants something that has nothing to do with his brother and everything to do with Julia!
Wedding planner Jorie Burke-aka "the wedding whisperer"-knows all about staging the perfect event. So when it comes to her own wedding, she has every detail worked out: the perfect venue, the perfect flowers, even the most brilliant gift registry idea. Not to mention a perfect fiancé...the brilliant, gorgeous senator's son, Cooper Murphy. It's going to be the Washington wedding of the century. All that's missing is the perfect love. But halfway through their cake-tasting is a terrible time for Cooper to point that out to her! Can it get any more humiliating for a wedding planner than having her groom call it off? Well, yes, it can. Because it turns out her ex has yet another proposition....
Former basketball star Wes Fallon owes his brother everything. So when Deacon asks him to track down some missing charitable donations, Wes is on it. For the first time, the accident that ended his career looks like a godsend...until Wes encounters Posy Jones.Posy is unlike any woman he's ever met. She's beautiful, intelligent and can hold her own on the court. But she's clearly keeping something from him. As he digs deeper into the missing funds, his gut tells him what she's hiding is tied to it. Will he be forced to choose between the woman he's falling in love with and the brother he would risk anything for? Hopefully not...because his choice might surprise them all.
Grace under pressure was Sarah's hallmark. Smashing antiques in her philandering ex-husband's brokerage firm lobby? Totally out of character. She's always been the one who coped. Who pleased. So how to explain tossing the valuables? And how to explain letting Charlie McNulty ride to the rescue?Charlie hates mess-emotional mess, in particular-and this is a doozy. He can't afford to get involved-not when he's about to make partner and Sarah's ex has a vote. Maybe Charlie can do the chivalrous thing, then get away clean. Great planhellip;until Sarah-and her kids-work their magic on him. Now, suddenly, he doesn't want to leave.
"Rhian's Rooftop Resolutions: 1. Write a children's book 2. Learn to play basketball 3. Have a summer fling" Between caring for her orphaned nephew and working as a tech writer, Rhian MacGregor has spent several years perfecting the art of abstinence. But the arrival of Nathan Delaney-- her gorgeous housepainter-- has her contemplating a new instruction manual: "Seducing Your Handyman. " She's not thinking of getting serious, of course. She's only got the summer to herself before it's back to real life. Besides, Rhian doesn't "do" serious, because the consequences are too painful. Just as they will be when she finds out who Nathan really is--
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.