- Table View
- List View
The good news about having a baby when you're over 35 Age 35-plus can be a great time to have a baby, and the chances for getting pregnant and carrying to term are good. Every day in the United States, more than a thousand women over the age of 35 give birth to healthy babies. Ellen Lavin, a marriage, family and child counselor specializing in pregnancy issues, and the 44-year-old mother of a three-year-old son, provides the answers every later-in-life mother is looking for, from pre conception thoughts to childbirth. Get the most up-to-date information about: Specific steps to take in preparing yourself for a healthy pregnancy How to improve your chances of getting pregnant The biology of conceiving after 40 The common-sense, positive reality about delivering a healthy baby at 35 and over Prenatal tests: the benefits and risks, including a thorough look at amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling Myths vs. reality about health risks during pregnancy Causes and likelihood of miscarriage Getting past your fears and embracing your pregnancy When to consider infertility treatment and what to expect and much more Including: Month-by-month pregnancy progress, with particular attention to the concerns of women having a baby later in life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.