- Table View
- List View
A text for students learning basic mechanical skills in high school and post-secondary programs in agriscience, production agriculture, agribusiness, ornamental horticulture, and agricultural mechanics. Treatment begins with information on careers, then provides instruction on basic mechanical skills and applications. Covers use of hand tools, power tools, and stationary power equipment with numerous materials, touching on processes of wood- and metalworking, electric and gas welding, electrical wiring, robotics, plumbing, and construction. Includes color photos of male and female students, and 54 project plans. This fourth edition is revised to reflect the latest developments in the field.
Patterned after FFA-endorsed curricula, this best-selling full-color text integrates basic biological and technological concepts with principles of production agriculture. It carefully takes students through all major science areas from plant and animal sciences, to food science, to environmental technology. The Second Edition features several new Agri-profiles of hi-tech agricultural careers, as well as the latest information on integrated pest management, agribusiness, and natural resource management. Stocked with pedagogical aids, such as performance-based objectives, terms-to-know, chapter-ending reviews, and objective, essay, and review questions, as well as a complete supplement package, this edition provides the tools needed to plan and implement a successful introductory Agriscience program. (plant and animal science, science of living things, biotechnology, natural resource management, hydroponics management)
This third edition of "Agriscience: Fundamentals & Applications," addresses the basic levels of modern agriscience concepts using language and examples designed to meet the needs of beginning students interested in natural science careers. The text integrates broadened principles of agriculture through all the major science areas, and adds many new applications of science, technology, math, agriculture, natural resources and the environment. New full-color photographs and illustrations have been added for visual enhancement, as well as internet icons to help students explore agriscience topics beyond the boundaries of the text. The unit profiles and student activities provide instructors with innovative ways to teach modern agriscience concepts, as this book contains invaluable resources for introductory agriscience curriculums.
Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications is the most effective book available for introducing agricultural education. It addresses the full spectrum of the agricultural industry and introduces science as the basis for higher productivity and for the safest food system in the world. Readers also gain knowledge about agricultural careers and opportunities through the Agri-Profile feature. The authors successfully convey the principles of integrating science into the agricultural curriculum, and they educate readers about accessing related material on the Internet and about National FFA programs related to agriscience and technology. Color photos and illustrations, discussions of recent technological advances and Hot Topic inserts are just some of the many tools used to help the reader comprehend the wealth of material contained in this introduction to agriscience.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.