- Table View
- List View
The Detox Diet, Third Edition: The Definitive Guide for Lifelong Vitality with Recipes, Menus, and Detox Plansby Elson M. Haas Daniella Chace
This fully updated edition of The Detox Diet guides readers through the detoxification process and follow-up cleansing programs developed by Dr. Elson Haas for those struggling with addictions to sugar, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. As one of the nation's leading practitioners of integrative medicine, Dr. Haas has lead hundreds of detox groups and guided thousands of patients through the transformative processes of detoxification and organ cleansing over the last 30 years. The Detox Dietoffers a variety of easy fasting and juice cleansing options, more than 50 deliciously satisfying follow-up recipes, and more than a dozen carefully crafted menu plans. Dr. Haas'ssafe, effective, and time-tested program is designed to help readers achieve short-term success against addictive dietary choices, as well as lifelong vibrant good health.
The 21st-century edition of this groundbreaking work by Dr. Elson Haas with Dr. Buck Levin presents the most current health and nutrition information available in an easy-to-use format with a friendly, engaging tone. Decades of practical experience and scientific research are compiled into one encyclopedic volume that features newly expanded chapters on special supplements, life stage programs, and breakthrough medical treatment protocols for conditions including fatigue, viral illnesses, weight management, and mental and mood disorders such as anxiety, ADHD, and depression. PART ONE gives a detailed analysis of The Building Blocks of nutrition: water, carbohydrates, proteins, fats and oils, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. PART TWO evaluates Foods and Diets, discussing every food group and most diets around the world. A special chapter on the environment and nutrition raises awareness and offers guidance about food additives, industrial chemicals, food irradiation, electropollution, and other health and ecological issues. PART THREE brings all of this nutritional information together, showing readers how to make wise and commonsense choices while Building a Healthy Diet. A personalized eating plan for the year, The Ideal Diet is both seasonally and naturally based, and a healthy lifelong diet. PART FOUR contains specific nutritional and lifestyle therapies for enhancing all stages of life and suggests treatments for common conditions and diseases such as aging, menopause, bone loss, weight loss, and cancer by focusing on Nutritional Applications: 32 Special Diet and Supplement Programs. Anyone interested in enhancing wellness, eating right, treating illness naturally, and living in harmony with nature will find Staying Healthy with Nutrition to be the ultimate handbook for optimal health and vitality. "For more than thirty years my colleague Dr. Elson Haas has contributed to the field of nutritional education to the benefit of both the public and health practitioners. This new edition of his classic guide is user friendly and filled with current scientific studies, making it possible for everyone to be up to date in this most important are of knowledge about health. In my opinion, Staying Healthy with Nutrition is an excellent guide for those wishing to make smarter dietary choices." -Andrew Weil, MD, author of 8 Weeks to Optimum Health and Healthy Aging. "The comprehensiveness of Dr. Haas's Staying Healthy with Nutrition makes it a great desk reference for physicians and other healthcare practitioners or professionals. The more controversial topics are handled with considerable fairness and insight." -T. Colin Campbell, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University, and author of The China Study.
Nature'¬?s cycles affect not only the external climate, but also our internal health and mental well-being. With this as its primary tenet, STAYING HEALTHY WITH THE SEASONS revolutionized the fields of preventive and integrated medicine when it was first published in 1981, and introduced a seasonal approach to nutrition, disease prevention, and mind-and-body fitness. A leading practitioner of the season-based lifestyle theory, Dr. Elson Haas provides simple, logical advice for achieving glowing good health: Bring the mind and body into balance with the earth, and consume a diet that emphasizes in-season, chemical-free foods. Joining Western and Eastern medicines with seasonal nutrition, herbology, and exercise practices, this timeless classic, revised for the 21st century, provides the keys to staying healthy from spring right on through winter. A landmark text in mind/body health and seasonal nutrition, revised for the new millennium, with a new introduction, updated resources, and extended appendices. Makes seasonal recommendations for detoxification, diet, and exercise programs. Previous edition has sold over 125,000 copies.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.