- Table View
- List View
When you're new to the workforce, ambition and talent aren't enough--getting on the fast track to success requires much more.If you're a recent college graduate or new hire, Effective Immediately shows you how to excel at your first job and jump-start your career. As an up-and-coming professional, you'll learn how to transform yourself from entry-level employee into skilled, invaluable all-star during your first year on the job.Accomplished young professional Emily Bennington and her mentor, seasoned manager Skip Lineberg, empower you to: * Establish yourself as a top performer from day one* Use every task--even grunt work--as an opportunity to shine* Earn the respect of your boss, colleagues, and clients * Cope with conflict, mistakes, and toxic coworkers* Land key assignments and gain greater responsibility * Manage projects and lead teams like a pro Packed with practical advice, useful resources, and wisdom from former newbies, this savvy hand-book gives you the tools, knowledge, and confidence you need to reach your highest potential.From the Trade Paperback edition.
The Atlantic magazine has called it the end of men. For the first time in U. S. history, women form the majority of the workforce, filling more managerial positions than their male counterparts. Todays women are primed to take over the corporate world if they dont stumble on the way up. Packed with insights from extraordinary women who have climbed the corporate ladder including McDonalds president Jan Fields, JetBlue cofounder Ann Rhoades, and fashion pioneer Liz Lange Who Says Its a Mans World helps women navigate the rocky path from cubicle to executive suite. This ultra-practical guide offers an ideal Success Profile along with the measurable action steps needed to excel in each of five reputation-enhancing areas: personal development, social skills, effectiveness, team building, and leadership. Complete with the latest research on women in the workplace and an eye-opening promo ta bility assessment, Who Says Its a Mans World provides readers with everything they need to build their own fast-track career plan.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.