- Table View
- List View
When you're new to the workforce, ambition and talent aren't enough--getting on the fast track to success requires much more.If you're a recent college graduate or new hire, Effective Immediately shows you how to excel at your first job and jump-start your career. As an up-and-coming professional, you'll learn how to transform yourself from entry-level employee into skilled, invaluable all-star during your first year on the job.Accomplished young professional Emily Bennington and her mentor, seasoned manager Skip Lineberg, empower you to: * Establish yourself as a top performer from day one* Use every task--even grunt work--as an opportunity to shine* Earn the respect of your boss, colleagues, and clients * Cope with conflict, mistakes, and toxic coworkers* Land key assignments and gain greater responsibility * Manage projects and lead teams like a pro Packed with practical advice, useful resources, and wisdom from former newbies, this savvy hand-book gives you the tools, knowledge, and confidence you need to reach your highest potential.From the Trade Paperback edition.
The Atlantic magazine has called it the end of men. For the first time in U. S. history, women form the majority of the workforce, filling more managerial positions than their male counterparts. Todays women are primed to take over the corporate world if they dont stumble on the way up. Packed with insights from extraordinary women who have climbed the corporate ladder including McDonalds president Jan Fields, JetBlue cofounder Ann Rhoades, and fashion pioneer Liz Lange Who Says Its a Mans World helps women navigate the rocky path from cubicle to executive suite. This ultra-practical guide offers an ideal Success Profile along with the measurable action steps needed to excel in each of five reputation-enhancing areas: personal development, social skills, effectiveness, team building, and leadership. Complete with the latest research on women in the workplace and an eye-opening promo ta bility assessment, Who Says Its a Mans World provides readers with everything they need to build their own fast-track career plan.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.