Val Rushford has it all: The boyfriend, the looks, the grades, the friends--she's perfect. But when she dumps her cheating boyfriend, Dave, she's bombarded with all types of advances from boys all over school! Totally overwhelmed, Val decides to swear off boys until the end of the year. She buries herself in her school work and spends all her time on a class project that has her paired up with the artsy and intellectual Adam--the unlikliest candidates to ever win Val's heart...or so she thinks. Val soon finds a connection in Adam she has never experienced before, but she's so dedicated to her promise and so unsure of her feelings that she keeps him at an awkward distance. If Val can't figure out what she truly wants, she may just lose her one chance at real love!
Helen Keller lived in darkness and silence, but she dazzled the world with her accomplishments. Her powerful story lives on in this remarkable biography by Emma Carlson Berne. Find out about: the illness that destroyed young Helen s sight and hearing; her explosive first meeting with her teacher Annie Sullivan; her struggle to become the first blind/deaf student ever awarded a degree from prestigious Radcliffe College; the romance that almost led to marriage and her life as writer, lecturer and world traveller.
A love triangle goes horribly wrong in this dark, romantic suspense-thriller from the author of Still Waters.Megan never meant to hurt her best friend, Anna. She made a mistake, and she's spent all year trying to regain Anna's trust. So when Anna invites her to spend the summer on her uncle's farm, Megan is excited...and relieved. The past is finally behind them.On the farm, Anna quickly falls for Jordan, a rugged summer-hand. Megan and Jordan have their own spark, but Megan's betrayed Anna once before and she's not about to do it again.Still, the more time that Megan and Jordan spend together, the harder it is to deny their chemistry. But Anna doesn't like to be ignored--and she doesn't forgive and forget. What started out as the perfect summer is about to take a very dark turn....
Hannah can't wait to head to a secluded lake house for a romantic weekend with her boyfriend, Colin. But once Hannah and Colin get there, things start to seem a bit...off. They can't find the lake town on any map. The house they are staying in looks as if someone's been living there, even though it's been deserted for years. And Colin begins acting strangely--he's distant, staying up all night, taking hundreds of pictures of a certain rowboat instead of spending time with Hannah. And even though he's usually so sweet, Colin starts to act aggressive, sometimes even violent. What Hannah thought was the perfect escape is becoming her worst nightmare, and she's not sure she'll make it out alive....
First crush, first love, first kiss--in this addition to the sweet and clean Flirt series, Chloe finds that there's more than just horses waiting for her at the ranch this summer.Chloe can hardly believe it when she lands a summer job mucking stalls at one of the best dude ranches in Colorado. The summer only gets better when she meets Stephen. He's funny, friendly, and hardworking--a welcome antidote to Chloe's daily doses of Zach, the cocky, self-satisfied fellow ranch hand. When a trailer full of new colts arrives for training, Chloe is given the job of caring for them. She's looking forward to seeing Stephen all the time, but then Zach is assigned to help with the training and Chloe's plans for moonlight rides and watching sunsets are squashed. But as the summer continues and Chloe starts to see a different side of Zach as he works with the horses, she starts to wonder if maybe she judged him too harshly at first. Could there be something between them after all?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.