- Table View
- List View
This book is devoted to fully developing and comparing the two main approaches to the numerical approximation of controls for wave propagation phenomena: the continuous and the discrete. This is accomplished in the abstract functional setting of conservative semigroups.The main results of the work unify, to a large extent, these two approaches, which yield similaralgorithms and convergence rates. The discrete approach, however, gives not only efficient numerical approximations of the continuous controls, but also ensures some partial controllability properties of the finite-dimensional approximated dynamics. Moreover, it has the advantage of leading to iterative approximation processes that converge without a limiting threshold in the number of iterations. Such a threshold, which is hard to compute and estimate in practice, is a drawback of the methods emanating from the continuous approach. To complement this theory, the book provides convergence results for the discrete wave equation when discretized using finite differences and proves the convergence of the discrete wave equation with non-homogeneous Dirichlet conditions. The first book to explore these topics in depth, "On the Numerical Approximations of Controls for Waves" has rich applications to data assimilation problems and will be of interest to researchers who deal with wave approximations.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.