- Table View
- List View
This book is devoted to fully developing and comparing the two main approaches to the numerical approximation of controls for wave propagation phenomena: the continuous and the discrete. This is accomplished in the abstract functional setting of conservative semigroups.The main results of the work unify, to a large extent, these two approaches, which yield similaralgorithms and convergence rates. The discrete approach, however, gives not only efficient numerical approximations of the continuous controls, but also ensures some partial controllability properties of the finite-dimensional approximated dynamics. Moreover, it has the advantage of leading to iterative approximation processes that converge without a limiting threshold in the number of iterations. Such a threshold, which is hard to compute and estimate in practice, is a drawback of the methods emanating from the continuous approach. To complement this theory, the book provides convergence results for the discrete wave equation when discretized using finite differences and proves the convergence of the discrete wave equation with non-homogeneous Dirichlet conditions. The first book to explore these topics in depth, "On the Numerical Approximations of Controls for Waves" has rich applications to data assimilation problems and will be of interest to researchers who deal with wave approximations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.