- Table View
- List View
The thoroughly updated and revised third edition of Management of Prostate Cancer provides concise and authoritative guidance to today's best therapeutic regimens for the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer. Highlighting the latest major advances in the field, the book includes chapters on the most controversial areas of prostate cancer - screening, chemoprevention, and active surveillance; updated chapters on genetic risk and progression, biopsy schemes, treatment of complications, and comparative treatment outcomes for surgery; and new chapters on risk factors, new markers, nomograms, and focal therapy. This volume also features overviews of new and emerging drugs and treatment paradigms for castrate resistant disease, advances that promise to extend life and perhaps even cure a subset of men with metastatic disease. With its comprehensive illustrations and contributions from renowned experts in the field, Management of Prostate Cancer, 3rd Edition is an invaluable resource for practitioners in the treatment of prostate cancer.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.