Protein-protein interactions (PPIs) are strongly predictive of functional relationships among proteins in virtually all processes that take place in the living cell. Therefore, the comprehensive exploration of interactome networks is one of the major goals in systems biology. The aim of Two Hybrid Technologies: Methods and Protocols is to provide a compendium of state-of-the art protocols for the investigation of binary PPIs with the classical yeast two-hybrid (Y2H) approach, Y2H variants and other in vivo methods for PPI mapping. Divided into two convenient sections, the first gives a survey of protocols that are currently employed for Y2H high-throughput screens by different expert labs in the field. Rather than detailing the principles of screening, which have been described previously, the focus is on different implementations of Y2H interactome mapping. The second section of the book considers innovative PPI detection methods that have the potential to emerge as alternative high-throughput methodologies. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, Two Hybrid Technologies: Methods and Protocols supplies researchers with a comprehensive toolbox for the identification of biologically relevant protein interactions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.