- Table View
- List View
Life is very different now in the rambling Gilbreth house. When the youngest was two and the oldest eighteen, Dad died and Mother bravely took over his business. Now, to keep the family together, everyone has to pitch in and pinch pennies. The resourceful clan rises to every crisis with a marvelous sense of fun -- whether it's battling chicken pox, giving the boot to an unwelcome boyfriend, or even meeting the President. And the few distasteful things they can't overcome -- like castor oil -- they swallow with good humor and good grace. Belles on Their Toes is a warm, wonderful, and entertaining sequel to Cheaper by the Dozen. The true story of an amazing American family. Illustrations are described by the scanner.
The classic sequel to Cheaper by the DozenAfter Dad died, life at the Gilbreth house became more challenging to say the least. But with twelve kids, a resourceful mother, and an irrepressible blend of humor and sentiment, America's favorite extra-large family will find a way to keep it all together. The Gilbreths happily rise to every occasion: Mother works to keep the family business running without Dad, and the kids tackle the adventures of growing up en masse.With the clan struggling to make ends meet and stay together, everyone has to pitch in. Their attempts to pinch pennies frequently result in comical chaos, and everyday life at the Gilbreths' is full of good cheer, even when confronted by tragedy. From the trials of the first year without Dad to the daily crises of a family with a double-digit headcount, the stories of Belles on Their Toes are wholesome, heartwarming, and always hilarious.This ebook features an illustrated biography including rare photos from the authors' estates.
This is the true story of the Gilbreth family. It is often humorous, sometimes tender, always poignant. Frank and Lillian Gilbreth changed the way many jobs were done. They balanced professional careers with raising twelve children--six boys and six girls--long before it was the norm. This edition contains the entire text of the original edition, and teens and adults will find this book to be delightful and entertaining.
The classic American memoir of twelve kids, two parents, and a world of laughter and loveTranslated into more than fifty languages and adapted into two classic motion pictures, Cheaper by the Dozen is the unforgettable story of the Gilbreth clan as told by two of its members. In this endearing, amusing memoir, siblings Frank Jr. and Ernestine capture the hilarity and heart of growing up in an oversized family.Mother and Dad are world-renowned efficiency experts, helping factories fine-tune their assembly lines for maximum output at minimum cost. At home, the Gilbreths themselves have cranked out twelve kids, and Dad is out to prove that efficiency principles can apply to family as well as the workplace. The heartwarming and comic stories of the jumbo-sized Gilbreth clan have delighted generations of readers, and will keep you and yours laughing for years.This ebook features an illustrated biography including rare photos from the authors' estates.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.