Diagnosis and Management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a comprehensive clinical reference work for primary care physicians, internists, general endocrinologists, obstetricians, gynecologists and students. PCOS is a common but frequently misdiagnosed disease. Many symptoms can be alleviated by early intervention and effective management. Prominent endocrinologists are gathered to detail current research and treatment in this metabolic disorder, affecting a growing population. The chapters are comprehensive, providing cutting edge knowledge on pathogenesis, manifestations, diagnosis and treatment of PCOS. Each chapter will be concise concluding with cogent practice points. The variety of medical issues presenting in PCOS patients result in late referrals or in- appropriate advice. This title will be a tool in a further understanding of the metabolic and genetic basis of PCOS, while providing management strategies.
Endocrine disruption represents one of the most controversial environmental issues of our time. Mounting evidence stemming from more than 10 years of experimental, epidemiological and clinical studies has transformed the once generally discounted subject of endocrine disruptors into an issue of tremendous concern not only within the scientific community but among society as a whole. Following initial evidence from basic research, endocrine disruption in humans has now emerged as a major medical challenge. In this respect, puberty, a crucial developmental stage, has been definitively identified as a key window of vulnerability with regard to endocrine disruptors. Written by leading authorities in the field, Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty offers an engaging and comprehensive overview of this fascinating and rapidly growing problem. An indispensable resource for all clinicians and scientists interested in this challenging endocrinologic topic, Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty is a timely contribution that will help navigate a path toward understanding the problem and developing solutions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.