- Table View
- List View
Who was the mole called Albatross? Was he Brigadier James White, the revered head of British Intelligence? Was he Humphrey Grant, his second-in-command? Was he Jon Kidson, the perfect technocrat and brother-in-law to the woman assigned to unearth Russia's most deadly mole? Was he Tony Walden, the man assigned to be the woman's cover? British Intelligence had to find out before it was too late for Britain and perhaps even the world . . .
With a new foreword by the author--Codeword Janus is the story of a deadly race to discover the Fuhrer's final evil bequest to mankind It was the dream Max had been having since the war. The dream of those horrifying, final moments, in the Fuhrer's Bunker--images of that night of terror, of the brutally beaten, dying man and his last desperate words; dreams of a past from which Max can't escape. Suddenly, it starts all over again--but it is no longer a dream. And now Max finds himself caught in a chilling search for Hitler's last legacy...
The Defector He was her mission: Ivan Sasanov, top KGB agent and a potentially important defector. She was his debriefer Davina Graham, a dedicated British operative who made her work her life. But he was lonely and bored, and he missed his family. So she took him home. When she fell in love with Sasanov, Davina Graham already knew that he would only co-operate if they brought his wife and daughter out of Russia. It was an almost impossible mission booby-trapped by treachery and studded with deceit but it was one for which she had to volunteer.
In 1944, Brunnerman of the Gestapo interrogated a French Resistance agent, Terese. They were enemies But in another time, they could have been lovers. Twenty years later, they face each other again.
[from the back cover] "Romantic Suspense A Place to Hide is a stirring tale of political intrigue and terrorism, of a family tragically torn between love and loyalty. Frank Arbuthnot's Irish Catholic mother died giving him birth, and from that moment he was hated by his father, a wealthy Anglo-Irishman. Only the strong bond of love forged with his half-sister, Claire, sustains Frank, and when Claire marries and moves to England, he is easily persuaded by his mother's relatives to become a Catholic loyalist. Hearing that her brother is missing, Claire sets out on a terrifying journey across Ireland to find him, the love of her youth, now under the sway of a beautiful IRA terrorist and a pawn in the murderous game of Irish politics."
In 1837 an 18-year-old girl ascended the throne of Great Britain. Much has been written about the Marriage of the Queen to the sensitive and country-loving Albert, but little has been said about the angry struggle that took place between husband and wife before before Victoria finally surrenderred to her love for him.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.