- Table View
- List View
Keats departs from his traditional style for his one and only wordless picture book, "Clementina's Cactus." Clementina and her father are out for a walk in the desert when Clementina discovers a lone cactus, all shriveled and prickly. But Clementina discovers there is something beautiful hiding inside that thick skin. "A book which reveals its simple tale with wonderment and delight."--Horn Books.
Two boys must outsmart the neighborhood bullies before they can enjoy their new treasure, a pair of lensless motorcycle goggles. Can they do it?
When the hat Jemiie receives from her aunt is not as fancy as she had hoped, her bird friends decorate it for her. Other books by this author are available in this library.
The larger-than-life character of John Henry and his incredible strength provide readers with a special introduction to the fantasy element of legend. The rewards of hard physical labor are also described in this exciting adventure of man vs. machine.
Generations of children have read, re-read, and loved Ezra Jack Keats's award-winning, classic stories about Peter and his neighborhood friends. In this story, read about Peter's adventures sending a letter to his friend Amy.
One of the first books Keats ever wrote, My Dog is Lost! is an appealing story about a Spanish-speaking boy on his second day in New York City, struggling to find his lost dog. Effortlessly mixing Spanish phrases with their English counterparts, this bilingual book is just as relevant today as it was when it was first published more than 30 years ago.
When he can't find his cat to enter in the neighborhood pet show, Archie must do some fast thinking to win a prize.
When Peter discovers his blue furniture is being painted pink for a new baby sister, he rescues the last unpainted item, a chair, and runs away.
Peter, the hero of many of Ezra Jack Keats' award-winning books, is upset when his parents paint his old baby furniture pink for his new little sister. There's one thing they haven't painted yet, though: his little blue chair. He'll do whatever it takes to save it--even run away! Now this perennial favorite is accessible to even the youngest child in a durable board book edition, with reinforced pages, a handy trim size, and safe, rounded corners.
No book has captured the magic and sense of possibility of the first snowfall better than The Snowy Day. Universal in its appeal, the story has become a favorite of millions, as it reveals a child's wonder at a new world, and the hope of capturing and keeping that wonder forever. Images and image descriptions available.
Mr. Keats boldly, colorfully captures the child, his city world, and the shimmering heat of a summer's day.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.