- Table View
- List View
Take Care of Yourself is the world's best-selling health guide, and the only one that has been found to help reduce visits to the doctor and save money. Covering nearly 200 health-care problems and symptoms, it is easy to use, even in a crisis. Readers can locate their symptoms in the easily navigable guide and find a complete explanation of likely causes and possible home remedies. Diagrams show how to recognize problems, and, in many cases, treat them quickly, and the decision charts advise when exactly it's time to see a doctor. This comprehensive guide also covers emergencies, health problem prevention, the 20 things everyone should keep in a home pharmacy, and how to work best with a doctor. Revised and updated, it remains the most comprehensive and dependable self-care guide, and is essential for every home.
The worldOCOs bestselling health guide offers new material on the most recent critical health issues such as obesity, as well as additional new and updated information. Covering over 175 healthcare problems and symptoms, "Take Care of Yourself" is simple to use. Readers can look up their symptoms to locate an explanation of likely causes and possible home remedies, while diagrams show how to recognize problems and treat them, and decision charts advise when itOCOs time to see a doctor. This comprehensive guide also covers emergencies, the 20 things everyone should keep in a home pharmacy, and how to work best with a doctor. "
Over a million and a half families already use Taking Care of Your Child to help keep their children healthy. Updated with the most recent research and recommendations, this award-winning guide discusses common medical problems, as well as emotional issues such as new siblings and school challenges. The authors even provide forms for medical, growth, and immunization records. And unlike other children's health books, this comprehensive guide is useful from birth through a child's adolescence. Taking Care of Your Child is easy to use, even in a crisis. Simply look up a symptom, and you find a complete explanation of probable causes, how serious they are, and how you might quickly relieve your child's problem at home. Easy-to-follow decision charts show parents exactly when to take a child to see a doctor. This book covers more than 100 common complaints-injuries and allergies, childhood diseases-with especially clear advice on handling emergencies.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.