You wouldn't know it by looking at her, but Faith Ford loves to eat. In fact, the beautiful and talented actress who played Corky Sherwood on "Murphy Brown" for ten years is also a passionate, expert home cook. Growing up in Pineville, Louisiana, she learned the great Southern classics from her mother and grandmother - Smothered Chicken, Smoky Beef Brisket, Catfish Po'Boy, Buttermilk Biscuits, Creamy Cheese Grits, Fluffy Lemon Ice Box Pie, and Chocolate Sheet Cake with Fudge Icing. As a young model and actress living in New York and Los Angeles, Faith learned to modify her favorite dishes from home into more healthful, calorie-conscious fare: Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken, Dilled Egg White Salad, Roasted Five Vegetable Soup with Turkey Meatballs, Sauteed Green Beans with Fresh Herbs, Faith's Lighter Cheese Grits Frittata, Cranberry Orange Slush, and Faith's Peach and Pecan Crumble.Cooking with Faith has the best of both of Faith's worlds - a combination of the homespun, heirloom recipes Faith grew up with and the lighter, healthier, more modern versions and creations. This is food to live with day to day and this is food to celebrate with or just indulge a longing for comfort and home. In addition to the 120 recipes, there will be delightful anecdotes of growing up on a small family farm in the American South as well as 8 pages of full color photography and 20 black and white photographs throughout.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.