- Table View
- List View
An extensive volume that provides information about pay, outlook, education, and skills needed to obtain some of the most promising jobs in the world of work.
This ground-breaking book offers an efficient, to-the-point format that helps job seekers and students discover the best jobs for their skills in just three simple steps. A self-assessment helps readers discover their top three career skills, then matches them to 50 best jobs for each skill.
Discover the 200 jobs with the best pay, fastest growth, and most openings for people with associate's, bachelor's, and higher degrees.
This book opens your eyes to the many career possibilities through apprenticeships and includes more than 60 "best jobs" lists and detailed descriptions of the 200 best apprenticeable jobs. The best apprenticeable jobs lists are organized by pay, growth through 2016, openings, 16 career clusters/interest areas
Discover the jobs in which almost everyone is well-paid; metropolitan areas and industries that pay more than $100,000 for certain jobs; and jobs in which there is little or no pay gap between men and women!
With this extensive reference, readers will discover 300 jobs with the best pay, fastest growth, and most openings--no bachelor's degree required.
The job descriptions and other information in this book are based on extensive research by the U.S. Department of Labor. The well-written text covers all major jobs held by about 90 percent of the workforce. Each description is packed with details, including skills required, education and training needed, working conditions, salaries, advancement opportunities, future growth, related jobs, and much more. This book's content offers practical information for career planning in an easy-to-use format. You can use the table of contents to quickly identify jobs that interest you. You will find all major occupations listed there and arranged within groups of similar jobs. And the "Tomorrow's Jobs" section provides a brief, helpful overview of labor market and industry trends. The right job can make an enormous difference in your career success and satisfaction. Whether you're exploring career or educational options, looking for a new job, or advancing in your career, this book will help. Employers, career counselors, and other professionals can also use its authoritative content for determining average wages, writing job descriptions, and accomplishing other important purposes.
America's Top Jobs for People Without a Four-Year Degree describes 190 major occupations that do not require a four-year degree. Knowing more about these jobs can help you plan your training and education, make a career choice or change, or find work with higher pay and more advancement potential. Each description includes details about the following: Significant Points Nature of the Work Working Conditions Employment Training, Other Qualifications, and Advancement Job Outlook Earnings Related Occupations Sources of Additional Information
This book features the 500 jobs with the best pay, fastest growth, and most openings and presents almost 70 "best jobs" lists.
Distills JIST's revolutionary and proven interview advice into seven quick chapters covering self-assessment, company research, key questions, a system for answering any question that might come up, unusual situations, following up after the interview, salary negotiation, and more.
This book provides more than 275 job descriptions with information on each job's pay, growth, openings, education level, and skills needed. Additional information about major industries opens readers' eyes to different sectors where they may be able to build a rewarding career.
Eager to find a career you'll love? Don't fret and sweat. Overnight Career Choice comes to the rescue. Discover your best career fit quickly and enjoy career success and satisfaction for years to come. Mike Farr covers the nine essential factors for defining your ideal career quickly so you won't spend months or years on the wrong career path.
Teaches job seekers how to master essential steps in the job search process. As the definitive guide to resumes, it offers techniques proven to get results quickly; a friendly, easy-to-follow design; and rock-solid advice for creating outstanding resumes and cover letters and, more importantly, using them effectively.
This compact guide gives the reader the essential tools to apply for jobs on the fly. Also includes advice on cover letters, JIST Cards, thank-you notes, online resumes, and job search strategies.
Many jobs that do not require a four-year degree need workers and are growing quickly. This completely updated edition identifies which of these jobs are most promising and offers extensive information about them.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.