- Table View
- List View
This short book of poetry, quotes and recipes from Scotland, England and Wales is a brief and sweet reminder of centuries old Christmas values and traditions. In a quarter to a half hour you can read heartfelt thoughts about treasuring children, renewing hope and putting up, taking down, and leaving out, decorations which have a long history with a family or are symbols of cherished beliefs. There are brief instructions for serving tea and recipes for making Christmas favorites like Scottish shortbread, wassail, jumbles, trifle with caramel sauce, Welsh rarebit, and scones. Reading this little book won't tax your busy schedule, but along with favorite Christmas carols will touch your heart and inspire you to celebrate a spiritually meaningful Christmas filled with warmth and love.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.