- Table View
- List View
Geographers have developed five themes to show the connection between history and geography. These themes are location, place, region, movement, and human interaction.
This book provides an understanding of basic English skills, how it is relevant in everyday life and thereby help people communicate effectively with one another.
Science book for Pennsylvania students, on ecology and the environment.
The Student Texts and Student Workbooks provide helpful charts, tables, and maps that allow students to look closely at all critical aspects of U.S. government, including citizenship, the justice system, foreign policy, and much more. The book helps students understand the development of the government and the rights and laws of local, state, and federal governments.
As you explore the pages of Fearon's American Literature, you will read the stories and poems of different authors, both past and present. The selections represent the experiences of people from different cultures and backgrounds. You will also come across language that is very powerful and beautiful. Learning to appreciate language as a way of communicating is part of studying literature as well.
As you read this textbook, you will learn about many new worlds. By reading literature you can experience the past and the future, and you can learn about people how they feel and how they think.
This textbook connects events in history to other areas of study, such as art, literature, technology, and economics.
All 32 Chapters interactive workbook!
The purpose of this book is to make your journey through algebra a success. Your journey will be comfortable and interesting. You will build new skills based on what you already know. As you work through and review each topic, your algebra skills will grow.
The purpose of this book is to help you develop the math skills you need to succeed in today's world. You will learn about whole numbers and how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide them. You will also learn about fractions, decimals, percents, different systems of measurement, and other basics of mathematics.
Biology is the study of living things and the principles that determine how living things function.
The purpose of this book is to help you develop your writing skills to succeed in school and in today's world. You will learn to use the writing process, and you will strengthen your composition skills. You will learn about the parts of a paragraph and an essay. You will learn about different kinds of sentences, and how to capitalize and punctuate them. You will also learn about nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. Writing to express yourself, make somebody laugh, or present your own ideas, can help you communicate your ideas. English Composition will lead you down the path to better writing.
This book teaches about three different areas of science: life science, physical science, and earth science. You will learn about living things, including plants and animals. You will study motion and forces, such as those that affect a thrown baseball and a roller coaster racing along on its track. You will come to better understand the features of the Earth, including its oceans and moon. When you finish this book, you will be prepared to continue studying any field of science you choose. You will be on the road to success in the 21st century.
Designed as a foundation for algebra, this comprehensive program motivates students as they build the important skills and confidence they need to take on algebra. Correlated to the NCTM Standards, Pacemaker Pre-Algebra features an attractive, full-color design that offers predictable and manageable two-page lessons that promote student success.
This book will help to make your journey to living independently a success. Your journey will be comfortable and interesting. You will build new skills based on what you already know. You will make connections between the skills that are taught in this book and the real world.
The history of the nation we call the United States begins long before there was such a country. It begins long before European explorers landed on the shores of North and South America.
Success in Science: Basic Chemistry provides critical test-preparation strategies for all ability levels. This book helps students reading below grade level develop the science content knowledge they need to succeed in class and on standardized tests.
This engaging program introduces students to different regions of the world, the physical and human features of the earth, and cultural topics of special interest that help students of all abilities appreciate world geography and cultures.
This collection of unadapted classic and contemporary literature features the work of authors from various world cultures.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.