- Table View
- List View
By the big red barn In the great green field, There was a pink pig who was learning to squeal. There were horses and sheep and goats and geese -- and a jaunty old scarecrow leaning on his hoe. And they all lived together by the big red barn. "Brown's melodic text is beguiling, while its subject, the big red barn that houses a menagerie of animals and their offspring, will have instant appeal to young children.
One day it rains hearts, and Cornelia Augusta catches them. Each heart is special in its own way, and Cornelia Augusta knows exactly who to send them to. Picture descriptions added.
Join Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as he celebrates Valentine's Day with all the friends he loves. Picture descriptions added.
Every day you answer questions-dozens, even hundreds of them. How do you find the answers to questions? How can you be sure your answers are correct? Scientists use questions to learn about things. Scientists have developed a way of helping make sure they answer questions correctly. It is called the scientific method. The scientific method can help you find answers to many of the questions you are curious about. What kind of food does your dog like best? Is your sister more likely to help you with your homework if you say please? Can throwing a dead snake over a tree branch make it rain? The scientific method can help you answer these questions and many others. Stephen Kramer's invitation to think like a scientist, illustrated by Felicia Bond's humorous and appealing pictures, will receive enthusiastic response from young readers, scientist and nonscientist alike.
If you take a mouse to school, he'll ask you for your lunch box. When you give him your lunch box, he'll want a sandwich to go in it. Then he'll need a notebook and some pencils. He'll probably want to share your backpack, too ... The famous mouse from the New York Times #1 best-seller If You Take a Mouse to the Movies and If You give a Mouse a Cookie is back for his first day of school. Only Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond could make school this much fun! Picture descriptions present.
If you take a mouse to the movies, he'll ask you for some popcorn. When you give him the popcorn, he'll want to string it all together. Then he'll want to hang it on a Christmas tree. You'll have to buy him one. . . . The energetic little mouse from If You Give A Mouse A Cookie is back again, this time with a host of holiday antics. Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond have created yet another irresistible tale in the tradition of the best-selling If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, If You Give A Moose A Muffin, and If You Give A Pig A Pancake.
A tiny bug goes for a walk, but it's no ordinary stroll. Soon he bumps into a cat, then a crocodile, and even a baby pig! More creatures join in, until they tippy-toe into a mysterious yellow house belonging to a young boy, who happily tumble bumbles right along with them. In this charming cumulative tale, Felicia Bond takes readers on a rhythmic adventure that counts new friends up to ten.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.