- Table View
- List View
ON MY OWN sends the refreshingly positive, and supportive, message that being alone is not a sign of failure but can be an empowering and liberating experience. Society can be cruel in its assessment of a woman alone, regarding her as defective or deserving of pity. Similar pressures cause women to be ashamed of losing the status of mother, wife or girlfriend, and to dread the prospect of 'going it alone'. But, as the author of this inspiring book points out, being on your own can be a vital, intensely creative experience in which you can find your own voice and live a fulfilling life. The case histories and positive view of ON MY OWN will resonate with every woman, young and old, since it touches on a sensitive nerve shared by women all over the world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.