- Table View
- List View
This book will open your mind and renew your life! The late Florence Scovel Shinn, artist, metaphysician, and lecturer, left us with this beautiful and inspiring book brimming with precious brimming with the power of the word and the precions knowledge of the laws of perfect self-expression, and intuition. Her enlightening words and basic principles will teach you to turn defeat into victory...lack into prosperity...fear into faith...and resentment into love. Learn how to use the power of your thought, and make life a "winning game" -- not a losing battle.
The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds, and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy. Florence Scovel Shinn, a prominent and provocative twentieth-century leader of the New Thought movement, was known for her sage guidance on prosperity, intuition, relationships, and fulfillment. Shinn's distinct philosophy and practical approach included enlightening affirmations, timeless anecdotes, and action-based advice that are still relevant for the fast-paced world of today. In addition to Shinn's original writings, The New Game of Life features Dr. Ruth L. Miller's contemporary translations as well as additional exercises and summaries to fully engage a new generation of thinkers. *** Includes Original Text Most people consider life a battle, but it is not a battle, it is a game. Florence Scovel Shinn New Thought leader Florence Scovel Shinn's The Game of Life and How to Play It, was originally published in 1925 and still stands today as one of the earliest and most accessible introductions to the Law of Attraction, the backbone of the bestselling book and movie The Secret. Now, Dr. Ruth L. Miller, New Thought minister and series editor of the Library of Hidden Knowledge, takes you to the very heart of Shinn's original wisdom through insightful modern interpretations. With incredible vision, moving stories, and accessible "game" plans for success, The New Game of Life and How to Play It deftly guides you toward a life of prosperity and fulfillment.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.