- Table View
- List View
A standard textbook presenting a current and comprehensive survey of meteorology for undergraduates.
With its strong focus on readability and illustrations, this trusted best seller makes an often-complex subject more accessible for readers like you. It offers a meaningful, non-technical survey that is informative and up-to-date for learning basic principles and concepts. For the Tenth Edition, the text's design and figures have been updated, and the chapter on climate change has been revised significantly.
The latest edition (fifth was 1988) of a broad and nonquantitative survey at the introductory level of topics in geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy.
"Earth Science" offers a reader-friendly overview of our physical environment for the reader with little or no exposure to science. The emphasis is on readability, with clear explanations and examples, superb illustrations by the renowned Dennis Tasa, and an incredible collection of full color photographs and topographical maps. Topics covered in this highly readable and interesting book are geology, oceanography, astronomy, and meteorology. For readers needing a basic informational book about Earth Science.
High school earth sciences textbook
The California Earth Sciences strand is organized into ten general standard sets. The standard sets are Earth's Place in the Universe (Solar System), Earth's Place in the Universe (Stars, Galaxies, and the Universe), Dynamic Earth Processes, Energy in the Earth System (Solar Energy Enters, Heat Escapes), Energy in the Earth System (Ocean and Atmospheric Convection), Energy in the Earth System (Climate and Weather), Biogeochemical Cycles, Structure and Composition of the Atmosphere, California Geology, and Investigation and Experimentation. Each standard set is divided into a series of specific topic standards. Use this section as a preview for your Earth Science course, and as a review guide when you study for exams.
The latest edition (fifth was 1988) of a broad and non-quantitative survey at the introductory level of topics in geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy.
Earth Science, Thirteenth Edition, is a college-level text designed for an introductory course in Earth science. It consists of seven units that emphasize broad and up-to-date coverage of basic topics and principles in geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy.
This Tenth Edition reinforces key geologic concepts by using tutorials, animations and interactive exercises.
This book offers a user-friendly overview of the physical environment. It retains the hallmarks expected from author's reader-friendly writing style, carefully crafted art program, and coverage of the most recent current events. It discusses key topics such as Earth materials, earth's external and internal processes, Earth's history, the global ocean, and the atmosphere.
Earth Science by Lutgens and Tarbuck is designed for introductory courses in Earth science. It's a non-technical survey with broad, up-to-date coverage of basic topics and principles in geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy. As in previous editions, the main focus is to increase your understanding of basic Earth science principles.
The latest edition of a broad and nonquantitative survey at the introductory level of topics in geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.