- Table View
- List View
Written for those who said to the authors (and for others in the same situation): "We know we need M and E, but we don't know how to set up an M and E system, or how to make ours work well and provide the information we need." This detailed, practical manual explains the skills and steps for making a monitoring and evaluation (M and E) system that functions well. The goal is an M and E system -- people, processes and partnerships -- that collects, verifies and analyzes good quality information that is useful and used by decision makers, managers, implementers, funders, and other stakeholders. The manual begins by introducing the concept of results-based management, and the internationally accepted "12 components of functional M and E Systems" framework. It describes the purpose and functions of each component, and builds skills by taking users through the steps for setting up, or improving what already exists. (The 12 modules - one for each component - are listed overleaf.) Each module has clear learning objectives, detailed systematic explanations and useful examples, and exercises for learners to work through that apply what is being taught (model answers are available on line).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.