- Table View
- List View
ASP.NET in a Nutshell is a concise, one-volume reference to everything you need to make effective use of ASP.NET. An invaluable resource that goes beyond the published documentation to highlight little-known details, stress practical uses for particular features, and provide real-world examples that show how features can be used in a working application, ASP.NET in a Nutshell is the definitive guide for developers of both applications and web services. Updated for Visual Studio .NET 2003, the 2nd edition of this book includes fresh information on application and web service development, custom controls, data access, security, deployment, and error handling, new material on web application development for mobile devices, plus an overview of the class libraries. For developers who still use Microsoft's older ASP technology, this book also provides information for migrating to ASP.NET. The material in ASP.NET in a Nutshell is presented in three sections: A fast-paced introduction to ASP.NET that examines topics such as building ASP.NET applications, developing web services, creating custom controls and user controls for maximum code reuse, debugging and handling errors, understanding ASP.NET security, and configuring and deploying an ASP.NET application A detailed reference to the properties, methods, and events of the most frequently used ASP.NET classes which include the Page class and the new .NET classes, such as HttpApplicationState and HttpSessionState, which correspond to the intrinsic objects in classic ASP. Configuration settings in web.config are also documented A Quick Reference to the types (the classes, structures, interfaces, delegates, events, and enumerations) found in web-related namespaces to the .NET Framework Class Library. Like other books in the "In a Nutshell" series, ASP.NET in a Nutshell , 2nd Edition, offers the facts, including critical background information, in a no-nonsense manner that users will refer to again and again. With its wealth of up-to-date information, ASP.NET in a Nutshell is a book that web developers will refer to again and again.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.