- Table View
- List View
Jack Teller is through with the CIA--until the Berlin station is contacted by a Colonel in the East German Stasi just days before President John F. Kennedy's scheduled visit to the Wall. The Stasi officer has an important message--and he will speak to no one but Jack. The informant claims a treacherous plot is brewing to assassinate the American president in Germany-a conspiracy originating at the highest levels of the U.S. government. Only Jack Teller believes the threat is real, and it has left him alienated and alone in a divided city that holds too many dark secrets. And if he forgets the two essential truths of the espionage game-that lies are currency and nothing is what it seems--he won't live to prevent a global catastrophe.
Summer 1940. With Europe in the iron grip of Hitler's war machine, stuntman Jack Teller arrives in neutral Lisbon on the arm of international screen legend Lili Sterne. The German-born actress has given Jack the job of finding her childhood friend, Eva Lange, who escaped Berlin one step ahead of the Nazi terror. But he's not the first to come looking for Eva. The man who preceded him-top Hollywood detective Eddie Grimes-ended up dead . . . on the night he found Eva. Following leads that take him from the glittering nightclubs of the Estoril coast-where he rubs elbows with the likes of Edward, Duke of Windsor, and his scheming wife, Wallis Simpson-into Lisbon's dank and seedy backstreets, Jack searches for answers among the deceptions and lies of the dangerous city. A shattering discovery along the way takes him to the perilous boulevards of occupied Paris and propels him into the heart of a nightmare, where his actions could change the course of the war.
Tom Gabbay plots his most riveting tale yet: Agent Jack Teller had to make an ugly choice in his youth . . . and now, decades later, he and the United States must deal with the blowback. Tehran 1953. Jack Teller, a new recruit to the recently established Central Intelligence Agency, finds himself in Iran posing as a high-level American oil executive as part of Operation Ajax, the agency's first attempt to overthrow the government of a sovereign nation. Torn between loyalty to his country's policies and sympathy for the hopes of a fledgling democracy, Jack must ultimately pick which side he will betray. It is a decision that will affect the future of the Middle East and, eventually, the world. Twenty-six years later, in 1979, Jack returns to a very different Iran. The country is in the grip of a religious revolution, and the streets of the capital city are filled with daily rantings against The Great Satan. Jack's attempt to save one man from Islamic justice--a man whom he had, at one time, called a friend--leads him into the heart of an emerging struggle between the West and a new and dangerous ideology. Divided by conflicting loyalties, a young Jack Teller made a fateful choice that would reverberate for decades. In The Tehran Conviction, Tom Gabbay masterfully interweaves politics and suspense in a searing tale of espionage and betrayal that reveals the unexpected costs our decisions hold for us--and for history.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.