The management of pain from acute injuries is a priority in trauma care. Regional analgesic techniques are very effective at treating acute pain and are gaining in popularity as recognition of their beneficial effects on morbidity increases. Regional Anesthesia in Trauma employs multiple narrative problem-solving case scenarios that explore the use of regional anesthesia in: * Blunt chest trauma, amputations, upper and lower extremity fractures and spinal injury * Burn injury * Patients with pre-existing nerve injury and other co-morbidities * Patients at risk for compartment syndrome * Pregnant, obese, elderly and pediatric patients * Local anesthetic systemic toxicity With a focus on ultrasound-guided techniques, the reader is guided through the technical aspects of performing regional anesthesia as well as the medical and surgical considerations that influence the choice of analgesic therapy. Regional Anesthesia in Trauma is invaluable for practitioners and trainees in anesthesiology, emergency medicine and trauma surgery.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.