- Table View
- List View
The management of pain from acute injuries is a priority in trauma care. Regional analgesic techniques are very effective at treating acute pain and are gaining in popularity as recognition of their beneficial effects on morbidity increases. Regional Anesthesia in Trauma employs multiple narrative problem-solving case scenarios that explore the use of regional anesthesia in: * Blunt chest trauma, amputations, upper and lower extremity fractures and spinal injury * Burn injury * Patients with pre-existing nerve injury and other co-morbidities * Patients at risk for compartment syndrome * Pregnant, obese, elderly and pediatric patients * Local anesthetic systemic toxicity With a focus on ultrasound-guided techniques, the reader is guided through the technical aspects of performing regional anesthesia as well as the medical and surgical considerations that influence the choice of analgesic therapy. Regional Anesthesia in Trauma is invaluable for practitioners and trainees in anesthesiology, emergency medicine and trauma surgery.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.