- Table View
- List View
For defense attorneys Zack Wilson and Terry Tallach, time is precious. Not just because they're paid by the hour. Or because their careers have taken off after a succession of high-profile cases. Or because a baffling, shocking serial murder case is threatening to tear Zack's family apart. For these two lawyers, time is precious because they have just walked into the wrong courtroom at the wrong time, where a man is shooting a gun into a crowd that includes Zack's innocent young son.
A man charged with the brutal act of terrorism. . . A lawyer sworn to defend him. . . A courtroom spinning wildly out of control. . . In the trial of the decade, attorney Tom Carpenter was just a spectator. Until, to his own astonishment, Tom finds himself thrust into a case primed to explode... The whole world thinks Tom's new client is guilty of the worst act of terrorism since 9/11--except for one shadowy figure, who feeds Tom astounding inside information. But just as the trial is about to break wide open, Tom receives a chilling threat. Suddenly Tom cannot trust anyone, and his family must run for their lives. The only way to survive--and the only hope for justice--is for Tom to crack a terrifying conspiracy so vast and so powerful that anyone who believes it has already been marked to die.... From the Paperback edition.
In a New England courtroom, two young defense lawyers face a trial they cannot win. For attorneys Zack Wilson and Terry Tallach, partners and best friends, it seems an open-and-shut case. Their client confessed to a horrific multiple homicide-and Zack and Terry have only one hope: to spare him from the death penalty. But even that is a long shot...until the case takes a sudden, strange turn. The two lawyers may have stumbled on a loophole: their client had a secret motive for his indefensible act-a motive that might even free him if Zack and Terry can pull off an ingenious defense.But as the media descend on a quiet Massachusetts town, and as Zack and Terry fight to save their client's life, a surprise witness turns the trial into something no one could have predicted. Because only he can put all the pieces of an astounding puzzle together-and expose a conspiracy that is more shocking, far-reaching, and treacherous than anyone could guess.From the Paperback edition.
Attorneys Zack Wilson and Terry Tallach--friends, partners, and complete opposites--have perfected the recipe for legal disaster. Begin with a fool for a client--a man who can't even testify convincingly to his own name, much less to an alibi. Add a couple of determined private investigators and a brave, beautiful police detective whose work only confirms that your client is impossible to defend. Then go to trial. Welcome to the real world of criminal law, where the truth is out there--maybe.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.