- Table View
- List View
Liza and Annie are two young women, each with loving families but outsiders at their own schools. They meet, become friends and later, lovers. When they get caught making love, not just their lives but others' are irrevocably changed.
When Nikki and her brother Travis move to Vermont with their moms to run a bed-and-breakfast, they find a mystery waiting for them.
This is a story of the Hundred Years' War and its great heroine, Joan of Arc. When Joan sets out to lead an army against the British, her friend Gabrielle stays loyally by her side until the wrenching finish.
A new town, a new school, a new start. That's what fourteen-year-old Gray Wilton believes as he chants, "It's gonna be better, gonna be better here." But it doesn't take long for Gray to realize that nothing's going to change--there are bullies in every school, and he's always their punching bag. Their brutal words, physical abuse, and emotional torture escalate until Gray feels trapped in a world where he has no control, no support systems, and no way out--until the day he enters the halls of Greenford High School with his father's semiautomatic in hand. Award-winning novelist Nancy Garden, author of the groundbreaking novel Annie on My Mind, once again goes out on a limb, this time to show readers the cruelty of bullying and the devastating effects it can have.
Lambda Literary Award winner Good Moon Rising is about two young women who fall in love while rehearsing a school play, realize they're gay, and resist a homophobic campaign against them.
When Tommy asserts that nobody can have more than one Mommy, Molly is confused. She and her classmates learn that some families have two daddies, some only have one, and some families don't have any daddies at all. This book provides a gentle way for parents to acquaint children with the different family structures which are commonplace in our society today.
Brian had met Darcy and Numbles the summer before when Brian had been paying his annual visit to his grand¬parents' Vermont farm, and together the three of them had unraveled a mystery there, which had turned out to contain a heavy dose of the supernatural. After-wards, Brian, Darcy, and Numbles had decided to call themselves Monster Hunters, and dedicate themselves to solving any unexplained crime that could have a monster behind it.
Something odd is afoot at the exclusive Fox Ridge School for Girls in Maryland -- and it seems directed at Darcy's timid roommate, Ro. Ro's horse is let out of his stall; at dinner, dozens of strawberries fly through the air, most of them pelting Ro; and a cryptic cipher appears on Ro's mirror and in her diary. "The Monster Hunters" are facing their toughest case yet!
When her rental car has a flat tire Liz reluctantly stops at the old Tillot farm to borrow a jack. Walking out to the barn together two women unknowingly take the first steps on a path that will change both of their lives forever. But when their tender friendship turns passionate, Nora and Liz's happiness is shattered by accusations and rumors. Trying desperately to rise above the tumult, they silently wonder if their love can survive.
While writing a term paper on vampires, twelve-year-old Alexander finds himself falling under the spell of Dracula and his family of vampires who are operating a funeral parlor in Massachusetts.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.