- Table View
- List View
Third grader Jack has a secret -- he can talk to animals! Can they help him crack this case? The day I found out I could talk to animals did not start out well. First, I couldn't find my lucky T-shirt. Second, my dog, Scout, dragged me around the yard chasing squirrels. And third, the squirrels threw a bunch of acorns at my head. After I was hit, I realized I could talk to animals! It sounds crazy but it's true. I could understand Scout, the squirrels, and every other animal--even bugs! My day got even worse when my best friend Leo's homework went missing. Leo blamed Scout! I know Scout's a dog, but trust me--he did not eat Leo's homework. But how would I prove it? There was only one thing to do--I had to talk to the animals around town. It was up to me, Jack Doyle, to get a clue and solve the mystery.
Third grader Jack Doyle has a secret -- he can talk to animals! Can they help him crack this case? Yeah! My third grade class was going on a field trip to a farm, and I couldn't wait for a day off from regular school. But I wasn't expecting to hear a voice coming from my backpack during the bus ride to the farm. It turns out my annoying little sister had hidden her pet tortoise, Tut, inside, and the voice was his! It's true--I can talk to animals, and they can talk to me. As if babysitting a tortoise wasn't bad enough, things got worse when Tut disappeared. My mystery-solving partner, Elizabeth, and I had to interview all the cows, horses, goats, and flies on the farm as we looked for clues. It was up to us to find Tut before the end of the day, and we were on the case!
Another funny mystery from bestselling author Nancy Krulik! Our big school trip was at the end of the week, and I couldn't wait! But someone kept playing pranks at school, including dyeing the class guinea pig green. I love a good practical joke, but Principal Bumble threatened to cancel the trip if the pranks didn't stop. I knew what I had to do--talk to the animals around school to get some clues. That's right--I can talk to animals. It sounds crazy, but it's true. Now it was up to me and my brainiac friend Elizabeth to solve this mystery in time to save our trip!
Another funny mystery from bestselling author Nancy Krulik! When a giant shark tooth fossil went missing during my little sister Mia's birthday party at the aquarium, I found myself in really deep water -- the aquarium staff accused me of stealing it! No way would I steal something, even if it was a cool fossil. What I could do, though, was talk to the animals at the aquarium to find out who the real thief was. My brainiac detective partner Elizabeth and I would have to work fast to clear my name before the end of the day!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.