Third grader Jack has a secret -- he can talk to animals! Can they help him crack this case? The day I found out I could talk to animals did not start out well. First, I couldn't find my lucky T-shirt. Second, my dog, Scout, dragged me around the yard chasing squirrels. And third, the squirrels threw a bunch of acorns at my head. After I was hit, I realized I could talk to animals! It sounds crazy but it's true. I could understand Scout, the squirrels, and every other animal--even bugs! My day got even worse when my best friend Leo's homework went missing. Leo blamed Scout! I know Scout's a dog, but trust me--he did not eat Leo's homework. But how would I prove it? There was only one thing to do--I had to talk to the animals around town. It was up to me, Jack Doyle, to get a clue and solve the mystery.
Third grader Jack Doyle has a secret -- he can talk to animals! Can they help him crack this case? Yeah! My third grade class was going on a field trip to a farm, and I couldn't wait for a day off from regular school. But I wasn't expecting to hear a voice coming from my backpack during the bus ride to the farm. It turns out my annoying little sister had hidden her pet tortoise, Tut, inside, and the voice was his! It's true--I can talk to animals, and they can talk to me. As if babysitting a tortoise wasn't bad enough, things got worse when Tut disappeared. My mystery-solving partner, Elizabeth, and I had to interview all the cows, horses, goats, and flies on the farm as we looked for clues. It was up to us to find Tut before the end of the day, and we were on the case!
Another funny mystery from bestselling author Nancy Krulik! Our big school trip was at the end of the week, and I couldn't wait! But someone kept playing pranks at school, including dyeing the class guinea pig green. I love a good practical joke, but Principal Bumble threatened to cancel the trip if the pranks didn't stop. I knew what I had to do--talk to the animals around school to get some clues. That's right--I can talk to animals. It sounds crazy, but it's true. Now it was up to me and my brainiac friend Elizabeth to solve this mystery in time to save our trip!
Another funny mystery from bestselling author Nancy Krulik! When a giant shark tooth fossil went missing during my little sister Mia's birthday party at the aquarium, I found myself in really deep water -- the aquarium staff accused me of stealing it! No way would I steal something, even if it was a cool fossil. What I could do, though, was talk to the animals at the aquarium to find out who the real thief was. My brainiac detective partner Elizabeth and I would have to work fast to clear my name before the end of the day!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.