- Table View
- List View
Whether you're a first-time manager or a seasoned professional, you know that a motivated, productive, and fulfilled team is your most important asset. Completely updated and revised, The Everything Managing People Book, 2nd Edition arms you with all you need to create a winning team, including straightforward advice on hiring and firing, leadership, delegation, and effective feedback.This new edition contains updated information on:Changes in today's business worldNew laws and regulationsThe latest in office technologyTelecommuting and job sharingFilled with practical tips and innovative strategies, The Everything Managing People Book, 2nd Edition helps you get the best out of your employees by providing the motivation and support they need to perform at their best. This hands-on, informative book serves as a desk reference you'll turn to again and again to find valuable information on leading an effective team and succeeding as a manager.
As a manager, you're sandwiched between the pressure of senior executives and the demands of your own staff members. The last thing you need is an unruly employee whose chronic "negaholic" attitude upsets your office applecart and affects the morale of your entire staff. Managing Difficult People gives you the tools you need to cope with all kinds of difficult employees. From sneaky slackers to resident office tormentors, this handy guide cuts to the chase, helping you identify and deal with specific personality types such as: # The Bully # The Complainer or Whiner # The Procrastinator # The Know-It-All # The Silent Type # The Social Butterfly # The "No People Skills" Person # The Rookie # The Overly Sensitive Person # The Manipulator It's time to take charge of all the difficult situations that come your way. Follow these positive, proactive guidelines for targeting telltale behaviors, and put an end to office strife once and for all!
Presentations, Second Edition takes the anxiety out of creating dynamic presentations with a commonsense, step-by-step plan for success. The book starts you off on the right foot by introducing the critical but often overlooked basics of preparation, including how to: Assess the purpose of the presentation; Understand the audience; Organize the topic for maximum effect; Choose the best type of presentation. With these essential concepts mastered, you learn how to prepare both the presentation and yourself. This book discusses rehearsals, checklists, and handling challenges-and even the post-presentation evaluation-in a clear and upbeat manner. Presentations is up-to-the-minute with the latest technologies and techniques such as video and computer conferencing, and Web site production so that you can choose the best medium and application for your presentation. A list of resources is included for further reading.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.