- Table View
- List View
As a retailer, how can you leverage mobile technology to increase sales? Fast Shopper, Slow Store will show you how.From Best Buy to Borders, retail stores are closing their doors forever. More and more, consumers are looking to their mobile devices for the best products and the cheapest deals, and they all want to buy it faster--at the touch of a button. The shop has lost it connection to this shopper. Gary Schwartz has been at the frontlines of the mobile industry for over a decade, and this book is about what companies can do to build the mobile tools necessary to reestablish a relationship with their mobile shoppers. Rich with examples--from Amazon to Barnes and Noble to Google--Schwartz gives a step-by-step approach to harnessing and executing the strategies necessary for companies to move into the mobile sphere...and see lasting, lucrative results.
We live in a world where our mobile devices have become extensions of ourselves. We depend on them for instant connections to entertainment, social media, news, and deals. The phone has become our ticket, loyalty card, and catchall wallet.Networks are faster, phones are smarter, and the mobile shopper is ready to spend money now. What can a business do to maximize the mobile buying power of the new impulse consumer? Gary Schwartz has written a groundbreaking book that outlines the history of the mobile industry and shows just how businesses can build up their mobile platforms to maximize online sales. He'll explain:* How to minimize barriers between the shopper and a sale.* How marketers can connect and, more important, reconnect with loyal shoppers.* The technology available now--and what's coming soon--and how to pick a solution that will deliver results.But like Blink or Freakonomics, this isn't just a book for businesses. It's also an eye-opening look into the ways our economy is changing every second of every day. Gary Schwartz analyzes a phenomenon that's modifying people's actions and challenges our assumptions about our behavior as consumers. Anyone interested in the ways our behavior as shoppers is changing--and what we can do to better harness this opportunity--will find this book to be essential reading.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.