- Table View
- List View
Topics in Fractional Differential Equations is devoted to the existence and uniqueness of solutions for various classes of Darboux problems for hyperbolic differential equations or inclusions involving the Caputo fractional derivative. Fractional calculus generalizes the integrals and derivatives to non-integer orders. During the last decade, fractional calculus was found to play a fundamental role in the modeling of a considerable number of phenomena; in particular the modeling of memory-dependent and complex media such as porous media. It has emerged as an important tool for the study of dynamical systems where classical methods reveal strong limitations. Some equations present delays which may be finite, infinite, or state-dependent. Others are subject to an impulsive effect. The above problems are studied using the fixed point approach, the method of upper and lower solution, and the Kuratowski measure of noncompactness. This book is addressed to a wide audience of specialists such as mathematicians, engineers, biologists, and physicists.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.