- Table View
- List View
Topics in Fractional Differential Equations is devoted to the existence and uniqueness of solutions for various classes of Darboux problems for hyperbolic differential equations or inclusions involving the Caputo fractional derivative. Fractional calculus generalizes the integrals and derivatives to non-integer orders. During the last decade, fractional calculus was found to play a fundamental role in the modeling of a considerable number of phenomena; in particular the modeling of memory-dependent and complex media such as porous media. It has emerged as an important tool for the study of dynamical systems where classical methods reveal strong limitations. Some equations present delays which may be finite, infinite, or state-dependent. Others are subject to an impulsive effect. The above problems are studied using the fixed point approach, the method of upper and lower solution, and the Kuratowski measure of noncompactness. This book is addressed to a wide audience of specialists such as mathematicians, engineers, biologists, and physicists.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.