- Table View
- List View
As the expense of treating a growing number of end-stage kidney disease patients increases, greater attention has been paid to prevention and early treatment. The study of renal disease, however, suffers due to the complex nature of renal anatomy and physiology and the plethora of different cell types found in the kidney. In Kidney Research: Experimental Protocols, top experts in the field seek to aid researchers by providing a number of specialized techniques developed to examine this intricate system. Through both well-established and novel methods, this volume explores the preparation and culture of the main cell types used to study renal disease mechanisms, the common animal models used to mimic the various forms of human renal disease, and specific applications and techniques used in vivo and in vitro. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, the chapters contain step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Essential and cutting-edge, Kidney Research: Experimental Protocols delivers invaluable guidance to new and experienced laboratory researchers delving into the sophisticated study of the kidney.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.