As the expense of treating a growing number of end-stage kidney disease patients increases, greater attention has been paid to prevention and early treatment. The study of renal disease, however, suffers due to the complex nature of renal anatomy and physiology and the plethora of different cell types found in the kidney. In Kidney Research: Experimental Protocols, top experts in the field seek to aid researchers by providing a number of specialized techniques developed to examine this intricate system. Through both well-established and novel methods, this volume explores the preparation and culture of the main cell types used to study renal disease mechanisms, the common animal models used to mimic the various forms of human renal disease, and specific applications and techniques used in vivo and in vitro. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, the chapters contain step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Essential and cutting-edge, Kidney Research: Experimental Protocols delivers invaluable guidance to new and experienced laboratory researchers delving into the sophisticated study of the kidney.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.