- Table View
- List View
BEGINNING AN ALL-NEW SERIES OF KLINGON ADVENTURES!These are the voyages of the Klingon Defense Force vesselI. K. S. Gorkon,part of the mighty new Chancellor class. Its mission: to explore strange new worlds. . . to seek out new life and new civilizations. . . . . . and to conquer them for the greater glory of the Klingon Empire!Newly inducted into the prestigious Order of theBat'leth,Captain Klag, son of M'Raq, leads the crew of theGorkoninto the unexplored Kavrot Sector to find new planets on which to plant the Klingon flag. There, they discover the Children of San-Tarah, a species with a warrior culture that rivals -- and perhaps exceeds -- the Klingons' own, living on a planet that would be a great addition to the Empire. Klag could call in General Talak's fleet to bring the world under the Klingons' heel -- but the San-Tarah offer Klag a challenge he cannot refuse. TheGorkoncrew and the San-Tarah will engage in several martial contests. If the Klingons lose, they will go and never trouble the planet again -- but if they are victorious, the San-Tarah will cede themselves to the Empire, and Klag will have singlehandedly conquered an entire world!The first tale in a glorious adventure that will be remembered in song and story throughout the Empire!
THE GREAT BIRD OF THE GALAXY WRITES A STAR TREK NOVEL! The writer-producer who created Mr. Spock and all the other Star Trek characters -- who invented the Starship Enterprise, who gave the show its look, its ideals -- puts it all together again here in his first Star Trek novel! Their historic five-year mission is over. Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty all the crew have scattered to other jobs or other lives. Now, they are back together again on a fabulously refitted U.S.S. Enterprise as an incredibly destructive POWER threatens earth and the human race.
Beam aboard for a bold new era in Star Trek storytelling! Beginning with this thrilling all new trilogy, the original five-year mission of the Starship Enterprise is reimagined via the many valiant crew members who served under legendary command if Capt. James T. Kirk. Who are these exceptional men and women often asked to make the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of interstellar peace and exploration? What are their stories? Their saga begins in THE JANUS GATE book one of three PRESENT TENSE The crew of the U. S. S. Enterprise is exploring the seemingly peaceful and uninhabited world of M-3107 when a bizarre and inexplicable transporter accident causes both Captain Kirk and Dr. McCoy to vanish completely. Transporter records suggest that the two men were transported somewhere, but their ultimate destination remains a mystery. Now in command of the Enterprise, Spock dispatches a search-and -rescue team -- consisting of Security Chief Giotto, Transporter Technician John Kyle, and Chief Helmsman Hikaru Sulu -- on an urgent mission to recover the missing officers. But then the rescue team disappears as well!
The historic 5-year mission of the U.S.S. Enterprise is over. But when three Klingon starships are destroyed by a massive machine/organism called the V'Ger, the Enterprise is refitted and the crew is asked to investigate.
BEING HUMAN Throughout the Star Trek: New Frontier saga, Mark McHenry, the navigator on the U.S.S. Excalibur, has demonstrated abilities beyond those of the somewhat odd human being he appears to be. When the inhabitants of an innocent solar system are confronted by a menace linked to the source of McHenry¹s powers, his true heritage is revealed at last. Meanwhile, Zak Kebron is going through a startling change that will leave him both more and less than he was.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.