- Table View
- List View
In 1994, a missile mysteriously disappears off the coast of Florida during military testing. While investigating the link between the disappearance and some unusual whale sightings, journalist Carol Dawson finds much more--an enigmatic artifact that may not be of earthly origin. The artifact may be worth millions--and Dawson and her colleagues must outwit thieves and criminals to keep it safe. But the artifact leads to another, bigger discovery deep beneath the ocean's surface--a discovery that could change the face of humanity forever.
The Garden of Rama picks up the story of three astronauts trapped in the labyrinthine alien spaceship bound for deep space at the end of the previous book in the series, Rama II. The three trapped humans must use all their wits and resources to survive aboard the ship. There are other alien species aboard--some hostile, and some benevolent. But the three astronauts face the greatest danger from other humans--after a group of violent convicts is brought on board from Earth. In the meantime, the spacecraft is hurtling toward a rendezvous with a Raman base, and a meeting with the mysterious craft's creators. Finally, the astronauts will meet their enigmatic captors face to face--and learn the true purpose behind the mysterious craft.
From Publishers Weekly: This novel is the second in a trilogy about the mystifying world-ships and their flybys of our solar system.
A massive alien starship carries its human passengers to the end of their generations-long odyssey and toward an epic confrontation with the mysterious Ramans.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.