- Table View
- List View
In 1994, a missile mysteriously disappears off the coast of Florida during military testing. While investigating the link between the disappearance and some unusual whale sightings, journalist Carol Dawson finds much more--an enigmatic artifact that may not be of earthly origin. The artifact may be worth millions--and Dawson and her colleagues must outwit thieves and criminals to keep it safe. But the artifact leads to another, bigger discovery deep beneath the ocean's surface--a discovery that could change the face of humanity forever.
The Garden of Rama picks up the story of three astronauts trapped in the labyrinthine alien spaceship bound for deep space at the end of the previous book in the series, Rama II. The three trapped humans must use all their wits and resources to survive aboard the ship. There are other alien species aboard--some hostile, and some benevolent. But the three astronauts face the greatest danger from other humans--after a group of violent convicts is brought on board from Earth. In the meantime, the spacecraft is hurtling toward a rendezvous with a Raman base, and a meeting with the mysterious craft's creators. Finally, the astronauts will meet their enigmatic captors face to face--and learn the true purpose behind the mysterious craft.
From Publishers Weekly: This novel is the second in a trilogy about the mystifying world-ships and their flybys of our solar system.
A massive alien starship carries its human passengers to the end of their generations-long odyssey and toward an epic confrontation with the mysterious Ramans.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.